Quantcast

Any monkeys going to DH at Mam/nat.?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by intensified, Sep 6, 2005.

1. intensified

intensified Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 5
    Just checking, I just got my plane ticket and need to work out the details: rental car,camping area etc....
    My first time going to California,
    I am psyched,,, How much is gas running out that way? After the race I'm going to San Diego ( I always wanted to see my relatives at the zoo :dancing: ).

#1 -   Sep 6, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. manwithgun

manwithgun Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Well, this weekend the gas was a humbling $3.29 per gallon. Camping out there is nice. Look into Lake Mary, Twin Lakes, Lake George... they've got open fires and some have showers run by Nazis. Be prepared for at least a 40 degree swing in temp. enjoy.

#2 -   Sep 6, 2005
  3. intensified

intensified Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 5
    Thanks for the good info.

#3 -   Sep 6, 2005
  4. Fshflys

Fshflys Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    More on the camping. The lakes region that the other poster noted are at a much higher altitude than the campground in town. Yes, the lakes region is much more appealing, the lowest campground, Twin Lakes is at 8,500 ft. In mid Sept, the temps may be in the low 30's when you wake up in the morning. Also the lakes region is a good 10 minutes further up the road, past the village & road to the lodge. The campground in town is convienent for supplys, food & bike shops. Make sure you go to the one accross the street from McDonalds, not the one right next to McD's, it's private & much pricier. Don't know where you're flying into, if you're coming from the south, fill up your tank in Bishop, gas will be $0.30 cheaper, from the north (Reno), top off in Carson cause south of there is some of the most expensive gas in the nation.

#4 -   Sep 6, 2005
  5. intensified

intensified Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 5
    That is very helpful info, Thanks indeed. I am flying to San Fran then driving over. With gas prices so expensive my big night out might be a trip to McD's.

#5 -   Sep 6, 2005
  6. Heath Sherratt

Heath Sherratt Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    You can normally hook up and share rooms and come out even if you get enough folks.

#6 -   Sep 6, 2005
  7. Zutroy

Zutroy Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    The campgrounds in town are nice, they are Old and new Shady tree and Sherwin Creek. You can reserve site on www.reserveusa.com, think it's like 15 for either one.

#7 -   Sep 6, 2005
  8. merrrrjig

merrrrjig Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    Theres allways the BLM for free, and its much lower, Its a few miles from town though, toward bishop. I think Lovebunny has an open bed or floorspace, but he smells, so its prolly worth it to camp, ahahha

#8 -   Sep 6, 2005
  9. SXtrailrider

SXtrailrider Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    this gas is reaching at 3:50 thier and clif is a lot of driving to get from place to place

#9 -   Sep 7, 2005
  10. lovebunny

lovebunny can i lick your balls?

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 19
    you can follow us back down to san diego if ya want. well show you some cool riding places