Quantcast

Any monkeys going to DH at Mam/nat.?

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
Just checking, I just got my plane ticket and need to work out the details: rental car,camping area etc....
My first time going to California,
I am psyched,,, How much is gas running out that way? After the race I'm going to San Diego ( I always wanted to see my relatives at the zoo :dancing: ).

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Well, this weekend the gas was a humbling $3.29 per gallon. Camping out there is nice. Look into Lake Mary, Twin Lakes, Lake George... they've got open fires and some have showers run by Nazis. Be prepared for at least a 40 degree swing in temp. enjoy.

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
More on the camping. The lakes region that the other poster noted are at a much higher altitude than the campground in town. Yes, the lakes region is much more appealing, the lowest campground, Twin Lakes is at 8,500 ft. In mid Sept, the temps may be in the low 30's when you wake up in the morning. Also the lakes region is a good 10 minutes further up the road, past the village & road to the lodge. The campground in town is convienent for supplys, food & bike shops. Make sure you go to the one accross the street from McDonalds, not the one right next to McD's, it's private & much pricier. Don't know where you're flying into, if you're coming from the south, fill up your tank in Bishop, gas will be $0.30 cheaper, from the north (Reno), top off in Carson cause south of there is some of the most expensive gas in the nation.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
That is very helpful info, Thanks indeed. I am flying to San Fran then driving over. With gas prices so expensive my big night out might be a trip to McD's.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Theres allways the BLM for free, and its much lower, Its a few miles from town though, toward bishop. I think Lovebunny has an open bed or floorspace, but he smells, so its prolly worth it to camp, ahahha

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
this gas is reaching at 3:50 thier and clif is a lot of driving to get from place to place

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
intensified said:
Just checking, I just got my plane ticket and need to work out the details: rental car,camping area etc....
My first time going to California,
I am psyched,,, How much is gas running out that way? After the race I'm going to San Diego ( I always wanted to see my relatives at the zoo :dancing: ).
you can follow us back down to san diego if ya want. well show you some cool riding places