Quantcast

Any New Years rides planned?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just covering for Jackson. We got nothing going on here. Maybe a erbon if the rain holds out. Everyone is itching to ride/wear/use those christmas presesnts. Happy New Year everyone! ......jdcamb

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'm going for an erbon ride saturday. It's raining here, too, but i'll probably go regardless. I've got a new pair of 24" wheels connected to a 4130 frame and fork that's just dying to be ridden. :cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
its supposed to be sunny and in the 60's all weekend here. gotta work today and im not gonna go out tonight because i plan on building all weekend. It will be a solo building mission but thats cool. Those who do not stewp up to bat and help will be those that do not have input on the design.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm down for our local bikey club's Winter Time Trail #3 on Sat, followed by some traditional New Year's munchies at the finishline.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Trail work, ehh? That's what sucks around here. About 4 or 5 of us from the bike shop around here made a sweet ass trail when everyone complained about lack of riding. Ironically, none of the complainers would ever help us with trail work. It's become a pain to keep the trail in shape because of the lack of help.

splat

Nam I am
I'm doing a 25 Mile ride New years day at 11 am. it is the annual Charles river wheelmen's New yerars ride. starts in the middle of Downtown Boston. and rides all over the city.

Here is a Picture of US from last years ride. that is "Old Ironside" the USS Constitution behind us.

I'm in the picture some where, can you find me ? :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
HRDTLBRO said:
Trail work, ehh? That's what sucks around here. About 4 or 5 of us from the bike shop around here made a sweet ass trail when everyone complained about lack of riding. Ironically, none of the complainers would ever help us with trail work. It's become a pain to keep the trail in shape because of the lack of help.

and this is why i am going to be a dick about telling people its exact loaction. However one could find out easily if they came and helped build.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
biggins said:
its supposed to be sunny and in the 60's all weekend here. gotta work today and im not gonna go out tonight because i plan on building all weekend. It will be a solo building mission but thats cool. Those who do not stewp up to bat and help will be those that do not have input on the design.

after our ice storm it got up in the 60's here. alas it is raining so no riding for me.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
I'm hooking up with some ppl for a trail ride, hope to get in about 8 ta 10 miles with alotta climbs

So if ur in Ohio some of us are riding Lake Hope around noon

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
splat said:
I'm doing a 25 Mile ride New years day at 11 am. it is the annual Charles river wheelmen's New yerars ride. starts in the middle of Downtown Boston. and rides all over the city.

sounds like what im doing. We have an anual new year day ride, except it involves some hardcore erbon jibbun'

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp no worky today so i might jump on the rig and goof around today. And weather looks good for a XC ride on Sunday. :dancing:
maybe i'll take pix.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Welp no worky today so i might jump on the rig and goof around today. And weather looks good for a XC ride on Sunday. :dancing:
maybe i'll take pix.....
Hey, if you strol around the area let me know.....Kevin isn't interested in riding today :(

Not much here since Kingston. Put the studded tires on, took a little test ride. It's spitting rain here and 39 F, and I have been too wimpy to get out.

Went on a five mile or so walk in the woods Wednesday, no lights, but there was a moon behind the clouds. A whole different world out there.

J

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Yep, tomorrow I'll found out just how out of shape I am. I've been busy with work, house projects, and the holidays so I've not had a good ride since October. Should be interesting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wifey and I just got back from two days of skiing. I am tired. :dead: This is the most tired I have been from a New Year's weekend, and I didn't even drink.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Rode a little over 2 hours today, sometimes in snow. It felt good to get out, as I haven't ridden in 2 weeks. :mumble: As a bonus it was almost 50, which we don't see much in the Northeast in January.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
First ride of the new year, first crash of the new year. Tailbone on a sharp rock. Ibuprofin and Sierra Nevada fixed that right up.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
MMcG said:
I went on an hour and a half rail trail ride with my girlfriend - what a great way to start the new year! Riding bikes with someone special then stopping mid way and gettin my freak on in the woods. after the ride we showered and i got my freak on again! :cool: :)
sounds like a good start to the year.

here is my delimma however. Go dirt jumping, go build some new dirt jumps at a new location, or sit on my butt and work on some new prints? I would go on a trail ride but all my friends (the 3 that i have) are not available to ride today and i like companionship on bike rides.