Quantcast

Any normal people have a chinese carbon 29er?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I need a trail cruiser to compliment my endurpo 29er. Looking at some aggressive HT 29ers, but also considering more XC versions, one being the FM057, which is a chinese carbon 29er based on the Scott Scale frameset. I loved my scale, but sold it because it hurt me bum, and I couldn't afford carbon and it wasn't full suspension. The chiner is a natural fit...BUT...I'm nervous about, well, a chinese carbon 29er frame under my 200lbs of punishment. There's a huge thread over on MTBR, but most of them are tools and will attack you for not following the herd mentality.

I need a trail cruiser to compliment my endurpo 29er. Looking at some aggressive HT 29ers, but also considering more XC versions, one being the FM057, which is a chinese carbon 29er based on the Scott Scale frameset. I loved my scale, but sold it because it hurt me bum, and I couldn't afford carbon and it wasn't full suspension. The chiner is a natural fit...BUT...I'm nervous about, well, a chinese carbon 29er frame under my 200lbs of punishment. There's a huge thread over on MTBR, but most of them are tools and will attack you for not following the herd mentality.
does it have to be carbon? what about steel or aluminum? i got a niner aluminum frame on closeout. put a closeout easton carbon post on it and a more padded saddle. doesn't beat me up at all.

while i don't have any personal experience with ebay chinese frames, at your weight, i'd avoid them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Nah, I have my eye on a few steel and alloy ht's as well. Lbs has a taro and honzo from last year in my size, and I can get a deal through a friend on either a dbr mason frame or complete. I just really liked the way the scale rode, and teh carbonz.