Quantcast

Any Northwest freeride girls out there?

Looking for more girls to ride with that a) are NOT flakes...IOW, no bailing because of the weather/whatever and b) have reasonable flexible schedules. I'm a freelance photographer who goes through phases of having LOTS of time to ride...but not enough people who have the same schedule. Boys are "allowed" too but it's usually hella easier to find them ;-) I'm in PDX now but there's a good chance I'll be moving back north soon...probably Seattle, but Vancouver if I'm lucky...so I'm looking for riding cohorts in any of those spots.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I live in Corvallis, about 1.5 to 2 hours from Portland. I mostly race DH but do some freeride stuff also. If you ever want to head down to willamette pass I would be more than stoked to go with you. Do you by chance know Michelle? She rides dh and freeride and also lives in portland. I know she is planning on heading down to willamette throughout the summer so maybe you could hook up with her and come down. I'll pass your e-mail along to her. Also, there is a girl named april who lives in portland right now but is moving to Eugene. She rides mostly freeride stuff. Anyways, there are actually a fair amount of girls to ride with. You just need to get in on a group ride some weekend and meet everyone.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I just re-read your original post and realized your looking for people in the seattle vancouver areas. Well, if your ever down this way just let me know.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
bikegrrl said:
Looking for more girls to ride with that a) are NOT flakes...IOW, no bailing because of the weather/whatever and b) have reasonable flexible schedules. I'm a freelance photographer who goes through phases of having LOTS of time to ride...but not enough people who have the same schedule. Boys are "allowed" too but it's usually hella easier to find them ;-) I'm in PDX now but there's a good chance I'll be moving back north soon...probably Seattle, but Vancouver if I'm lucky...so I'm looking for riding cohorts in any of those spots.

Let me now if/when you make it up this way. I'm always into meeting new women to ride with. Also, there are a few organized women's ride clubs that you can join without worrying about cancellations. The women up here are fantastic riders!! You'll be in good company!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tenchiro said:
You mean besides RM? :oink:
why does it not suprise me i find you posting in the womens forum. :evil: i always wondered about them dresses in your closet they were simply too big to be your girlfreinds. :p

Jun 18, 2004
hey, I know your looking for girls to ride w/ but I thought I would just drop you a line and say that if you move to Seattle I'll ride w/you... Infact I'll ride w/anyone in a respectfull manner and have fun doing it... I'm an urban/dj type who put together my first freeride rig this last winter... I'm beginer to intermediate level, and new to R.M(nky)... 'can handle 5 to 6ft drops to rollout or flat, jumps and gaps as long as there not a mile apart, and the ride to the top (fairly well conditioned)... I have a shuttle truck... I work 7days on 7days off so I can ride midweek... in the winter I snowboard... I'm finding that it's just not a good idea to ride alone when your truck is 3-4 miles away... I want to ride the 'Shore , Whistler, and Port Angeles...I'm not a flake and I seem to endup riding in the NW mud/rain more than anything... this dosn't bother me in the least since I'm part Scandinavian... anyway, best wishes in your move...

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I just read your post, I live in Tacoma and ride all the local areas and some secret stuff too. I'm pretty hardcore freeride/downhill and have never seen any women riding some of the knarly trails around here. Love to show you around. I ride the shore about once a month and it's that time again for WHISTLER !!!!!!! One more week and I'm there. You can find me here for now if you would like to ride.

lilstinky

Chimp
Aug 11, 2003
bellingham, WA
I just moved to Bellingham, WA from Michigan and am also looking for bike chicks to ride/hang out with. lemme know if your in the area. oh ya and im not picky about weather conditions and such

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
So nice to see a post like this! It's kinda hard to find Kor girls out there, and "big time" on the flaking out/fair weather people.

I would love to hook up, with all of you guys actually, as I'm looking to ride with more GIRLS that I can learn from/with. . . . and more freeride stuff specifically.

I'm going to Whistler next weekend and will be at vancouver island the next to give my first crack at a DH race, maybe even sample a little 4X.