Quantcast

Any of Y’all Ever Ride In Dickson, TN?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Montgomery Bell State Park, to be specific?
I booked a hotel based on proximity to the most black trails in the Nashville area on Trailforks. But it might actually just be a bike park.
But it was a free Marriott room, so, ok then.
hmmmn.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hmmm...you may have erred. if you're riding in TN you really want to be at either Windrock (even the "enduro" trails are worth it) or maybe near Knoxville. But i know you probably want to get a bit farther west...interested to hear what you find! i think over towards eastern missouri might be your best bet for riding between the eastern/southern TN and home...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Montgomery Bell State Park, to be specific?
I booked a hotel based on proximity to the most black trails in the Nashville area on Trailforks. But it might actually just be a bike park.
But it was a free Marriott room, so, ok then.
hmmmn.
That looks like every mid-US trail network that I've ever ridden. A bunch of stuff on 2 acres looping back on itself so many times you'll get dizzy. These are usually best for an XC bike, as you can maintain some kind of speed on those, vs. anything bigger. There's not enough big climbs/descents usually to justify anything bigger, even though sometimes they'll have a few obstacles/jumps. It's like bringing a Nissan GTR to an autocross.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That looks like every mid-US trail network that I've ever ridden. A bunch of stuff on 2 acres looping back on itself so many times you'll get dizzy. These are usually best for an XC bike, as you can maintain some kind of speed on those, vs. anything bigger. There's not enough big climbs/descents usually to justify anything bigger, even though sometimes they'll have a few obstacles/jumps. It's like bringing a Nissan GTR to an autocross.
part of the reason this happens isn't because the trail builders suck, but because it can be difficult to find continuous public land parcels that will allow trail building.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
part of the reason this happens isn't because the trail builders suck, but because it can be difficult to find continuous public land parcels that will allow trail building.
Also because a long straight flat trail would be kind of boring.

Had a trail system like this behind where I worked long ago when I lived in Cincinnati. It really encouraged you to learn how to carry speed through a corner. Although I suspect that these days such trails have succumbed to bermkakke infections.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The town name is featured in a Camper Van Beethoven song…
the last place my dad had a corporate job was there....when he was told move to chicago or retire/fired....he chose the latter..