Quantcast

Any Of You Ever Ride In Hawaii?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Apparently wifey wants to increase our carbon footprint for Thanksgiving (and her 50th birthday). So, of course, I need to figure out where to go so I can ride there .

No, I haven’t googled yet.

Edit: just looked at Trailforks, seems a little sparse.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have currency. Currently you have a ridemonkey post.

Theres fun stuff on two islands that I know about. One of them is really awesome but honestly, youre in hawaii, go snorkeling with turtles, go surfing and eat some fresh seafood.

But just remember theyre tired of us treating their home like a playground just because someone in your house needs a change of scenery.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I rode proper trails on Maui years ago. Very small scene there but the trails were fun, not sure I'd go to the effort to do it again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have currency. Currently you have a ridemonkey post.

Theres fun stuff on two islands that I know about. One of them is really awesome but honestly, youre in hawaii, go snorkeling with turtles, go surfing and eat some fresh seafood.

But just remember theyre tired of us treating their home like a playground just because someone in your house needs a change of scenery.

agree on both points.

plenty of stuff to do that's better than riding (i've been to Kona, Maui, and Kauai).

also, there was a strong anti-tourist sentiment long before covid. howlies are definitely not going to get a warm welcome nowadays.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
agree on both points.

plenty of stuff to do that's better than riding (i've been to Kona, Maui, and Kauai).

also, there was a strong anti-tourist sentiment long before covid. howlies are definitely not going to get a warm welcome nowadays.
yeah I was in Kauai last winter, def got some looks.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Road? Mountain? I found a shop that rents absolutely everything in Kona, surely there has to be some rides not on trail forks?
I guess I will email them.
Mountain, I was going to post some of the pics, but they were too large. Check trailforks out, they seem to have decent trails on that island.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Trailforks didn’t actually turn up much interesting, I am thinking the good stuff might be off the radar. But the shop in Kona rents every kind of bike, there must be some worthwhile riding somewhere. I really only want to do one or two rides, I have ridden in every state except HI and Alaska, and am looking to complete the punch card.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
rideit, 43 53? of driggs Idaho was killed friday when he said 'bruh' to a 350lb samoan on the big island. Rideit leaves behind a lovely wife, an adorable poodle, and some carbon rims with some sticky shit on them sitting in a corner. He will be missed. We believe he would want the world to know his dying words as a cautionary tale. "I saw the movie North Shore, I'm down with da Hui!! I know Chandler!!" Rest in Peace.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trailforks didn’t actually turn up much interesting, I am thinking the good stuff might be off the radar. But the shop in Kona rents every kind of bike, there must be some worthwhile riding somewhere. I really only want to do one or two rides, I have ridden in every state except HI and Alaska, and am looking to complete the punch card.
Does Indiana have trails?