Quantcast

Any Of You With A Machine Shop…

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Or even just a steady drill press capable of drilling and tapping two holes for me :brows:, I might have a little project. Looking to have a set of 175 Race Face Atlas cranks drilled-down to 160, or even 155.
Anyone game for this?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
okay, kids

D9B9A93F-E148-4E7F-A142-D993804969C8.png

D7901551-BAD4-41E6-B1F0-DB1687CFCA28.png

Seems to be the only reasonable solution available right now. If they fail, BFD, they cost $125.
If any of you brilliant, ever-knowing wags have a better solution, lots of people want to hear it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have a better invention…the inside of the handlebar will be the hydraulic fluid reservoir.
I haven’t worked out the details, but there will be lots of fluid!
Scott would probably do that.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Let's just say that the gamble is likely worth more than all of the pedal-strikes.
I got a drill press

send'em over

Since you obviously haven't even bothered to measure the size of a pedal spindle hole and considered what moving 15mm does to place the new hole in reference to that, this should work out great.

I really will drill a hole 15mm offset from the orginal, centered and everything. That much I can promise.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got a drill press

send'em over

Since you obviously haven't even bothered to measure the size of a pedal spindle hole and considered what moving 15mm does to place the new hole in reference to that, this should work out great.

I really will drill a hole 15mm offset from the orginal, centered and everything. That much I can promise.
He really needs drill, face, chamfer, tap, sign up for disability insurance. Perhaps face first, will help with accurately drilling the hole, and face first is likely to become a theme.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Has to be Race Face Cinch interface.
No substitutes.
Therein lies the rub.

I have a drill press…but obviously to do it properly requires more than that.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have been practacing a bit of MIG aluminum welding, I'd be more than happy to chop a bit out, swap the bottom bits so you have the pedal threads on the wrong side then weld it all back together poorly.

Wonder much a LH tap costs? Never looked in to them.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have been practacing a bit of MIG aluminum welding, I'd be more than happy to chop a bit out, swap the bottom bits so you have the pedal threads on the wrong side then weld it all back together poorly.

Wonder much a LH tap costs? Never looked in to them.
$42 for the pair of park ones.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yes?
(there is a very good reason for this, trust me).
Unless you can find a 160 or 155 Cinch compatible Crankset.
(You won’t)
Why do you want cinch? It's one of my least favorite parts of my bike.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I don’t like Cinch either. But the entire motor interface of the Powerplay Dyneme motor is designed around it. There are absolutely no other (realistic) options.
Its just how it is.
Hence the ‘trust me’ verbiage.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don’t like Cinch either. But the entire motor interface of the Powerplay Dyneme motor is designed around it. There are absolutely no other (realistic) options.
Its just how it is.
Hence the ‘trust me’ verbiage.
Sorry, I missed that the patient was an ebike....hmmmm

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I already have Turbine 165’s, not short enough.
Rocky uses a system with the 30mm alloy axle, not the axle-less ebike versions.
Its very, very specific, and why there are no off the shelf solutions yet. If there were, I would know about it, most likely, as would Rocky Mountain.
LOL, you didn’t ‘trust me’! :D

Last edited: