Quantcast

Any one heard of Torqlite ul pedals by Black Ops?

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
I ran these pedals for about a month before a spindle bent really bad catching it on a stump. Too fragile for DH, imo.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
So wondering about that review you promised. Had the fall and a little spring now to try to find a weakness and price for these is still tempting.
I had these on my 2007 sworks enduro which is my trail and pedally bike, as well as light freeride depending on set up . These pedals help up to a week at winterpark, a few days in moab, and about 3 days a week of trail riding in the pikes peak region. Mine have held up very well, and still actually have all the pins (first pedal to keep the pins this long). However, i never had any terrible pedal strikes.

As a reference, my pre runner tis have seen half the riding these have, and have had all the pins replaced due to being broken. Ive only ever really bent one pedal spindle tho, and that was back in the hucking days (actually from the bike in my sig).

Id recommend them for trail or dj, but prob not dh, despite them working great for me, they do look a little weak, and i fear that a solid strike would break them. also, because the sworks is a lighter duty bike, i do not charge full speed in the gnar with it, so that has probably helped with their life.

If youve never fed up a pedal, are light, or can get them below msrp, grab em. If you break pedals, i'd hold off.

One other note, i dremeled (sp?) an "x" into the top of all the stock pins and they work great now. stock, they reminded me of the old truvative husselfelt (rounded smoothed pins w/ 0 grip), except removable.

Once i get my bike back ill take some picks of their current shape.