Quantcast

Any one into Baseball? PNC Park, All star game preview!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
For those of you into Baseball and those that are either going to go or are going to watch the All Star game, here is a little bit of a preview of PNC Park. A little over a week ago, my students, another teacher and I went to take a tour of a local trade school, and then PNC Park.

If you haven’t been to this ball field it is arguably one of the nicest in major league ball. And as you can see by some of the photos there are great views of everything including the city, skyline, and of course the field. I have seen a few games here, and from every seat I have been in, I have had a great view! I don’t think there is a bad seat in the house!

At the gate, our students waiting to get into the park.

Once you enter the park there are several verandas to watch from.

fooling around with a little creative camera work!

A silhouette and the skyline and flags in the background.

Here is a view of the field from the press box.

If you are a news person covering the game you may be here in the press box.

if you are even luckier you might find yourself on the field! This is a shot of one of our students, Mr. Young and Myself.

A shot of the whole crew that we took. The lady giving the tour wasn’t real sure we were aloud to be this close to the field, so we took a few quick shots and were off

if you are the luckiest of all, you may get to sit in the dugout! I just missed the perfect shot with Tim’s head framed by the logo behind him!

I hope you enjoy the pics! And for those of you who will be in the Burgh for the festivities drop a line!

Brungeman

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sweet deal for the students.

PNC's definitly nice... certainly nicer than 3rivers... but I prefer SBC ;)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
brungeman said:
South Butler Community stadium? Yeah thats a good park :rolleyes:
Dunno about South Butler Community stadium... thought we were talking MLB parks...

SBC Park - San Francisco

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dump said:
Dunno about South Butler Community stadium... thought we were talking MLB parks...

SBC Park - San Francisco
SBC is a nice park but I don't enjoy going there to watch games...overpriced tickets and food plus you are stuffed like sardines in there.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer going to A's games. Even though they play in an older stadium, the seats have much more room and tickets are much cheaper, plus the weather is much nicer. Even in the middle of July you are freezing your butt off at SBC.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Joe Pozer said:
SBC is a nice park but I don't enjoy going there to watch games...overpriced tickets and food plus you are stuffed like sardines in there.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer going to A's games. Even though they play in an older stadium, the seats have much more room and tickets are much cheaper, plus the weather is much nicer. Even in the middle of July you are freezing your butt off at SBC.
I hear what you're saying... I've only been on "corporate events" and such... so ticket prices were never an issue... I never noticed the sardines thing.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
dump said:

SBC Park - San Francisco
that is a nice shot!

who was driving a quad through the outfield down the third base line?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
i dont think that is really a valid statement because the likelihood of this internets thing catching on is slim to none.
Yeah I am not sure about it myself! but I got myself set up with a pentium2 366 if it does. And my internets provider just upgraded to 56k last weekend, and these pictures are downloading sooooo fast, I cant believe the difference! that 28.8 modem crap is for the birds!:dead:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Joe Pozer said:

ticket prices for regular games at PNC aren't bad (because the Buc's suck) and the best thing of all!!!! MMMMMmmmm!!!! YOU can get a Primanti Bros sammich at PNC park :drool: and they dont kill you on the price!!!!:love:

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
I wish Pittsburgh had a good baseball team to go with a nice stadium. The Pirates suck. Lets see if Pirates will be eliminated in the World Series by May.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Brian HCM#1 said:
The Pirates shoud still be playing in 3 Rivers. (In it's current condition):thumb:
I heard a funny stat. something like... in 41 games Jim Tracy (the manager) has used 31 different lineups trying to get something going.

It seams as if the starting pitching is good, we cant hit!

If the Starting pitching sucks we are killing the ball on offense!

but if starting pitching is good and we are killing the ball the relievers find a way to blow the game!

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
brungeman said:
I teach at Riverside Beaver County Schools up in the Ellwood City/Beaver Falls area.
It takes a special person to teach and unfortunately I'm not
one of them.

Isn't Beaver Falls home of Joe Namath?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
neanderthal said:
It takes a special person to teach and unfortunately I'm not
one of them.

Isn't Beaver Falls home of Joe Namath?
Yep, and just over the hill in Alliquipa, is where Ty Law is from and a few years back a guy by the name of Mike Ditka, busted his way out of the then, industry filled craphole known as the Beaver Valley!

where are you from?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Personally the new stadiums in Pittsburgh are a bit of a sore point for me... imo an extremely poor use of city funds used to fuel programs that benefit a very select few... justified by claims that don't hold water.