Quantcast

any one out there have a good pic of the 2005 boxxer

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
any one out there have a good pic of the 2005 boxxer. because they are gonig to be very different. got a seek peek in a mag. that miss posted one small pic. the crowns i know are completely reworked and the same with the lower.

the lower think about the upper area looking like a psylo(that have a very stiff arch) and the lower area of the old boxxer. that is what it looks like.

i wonder whart they did on the inside. i do know some racers are using an 8" travel version.

peace dan

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There is currently 2 flavors of "special boxxer". The air flavor steve peat and nathan rennie have, and the regular coil flavor a few others have.

The 2005 castings can be seen on many sponsored pros bikes this season, including the likes of Joel Panozzo etc. Lower arch, wider for more mud and tire clearance etc.

The coil "special" forks are most probably simply 2005 pre-production forks.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Transcend said:
There is currently 2 flavors of "special boxxer". The air flavor steve peat and nathan rennie have, and the regular coil flavor a few others have.

The 2005 castings can be seen on many sponsored pros bikes this season, including the likes of Joel Panozzo etc. Lower arch, wider for more mud and tire clearance etc.

The coil "special" forks are most probably simply 2005 pre-production forks.
Carter's bike had an air valve on it at Snow as well.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Sam Hill is also riding an air spring 8 inch travel Boxxer with some cool parts inside.

Dave

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
dw said:
Sam Hill is also riding an air spring 8 inch travel Boxxer with some cool parts inside.

Dave

cool, is there anything disclosureable about what they do to avoid preload with the air pressure?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ChrisKring said:
A Sid has a negative air chamber that does this

yea i know but normal boxxers dont have this, maybe they have devised a way to pressurize the lowers, thing is, when you pressurize a boxxer to any substantial pressure, meaning enough to drop a spring or to use lighter ones, then the preload pretty much kills your sag, pressurizing isnt any problem, seals dont die that fast, its the preload.