Quantcast

any phish fans there

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Lulz were had, again. Thank you sir! But where DID PSP go, really? Maybe jail for realz this time?
Nah he's around, saw he was logged on last week sometime. Hasn't posted though. Wonder if he took that cross country bike trip he was talking about. I just hope it was a real trip and not him sitting on a couch for a summer after eating an entire sheet of acid.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
But if he does take an entire sheet of acid, I hope he logs in again and posts something long winded... :drag:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Back in Art school I new a guy who split a sheet with a friend and tripped the whole summer. He'd have flashbacks all the time after that. You'd be talking to him and suddenly he'd just glaze over and sort of check out for a bit.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh man. I read somewhere that acid actually puts permanent holes in your brain. It just can't be good!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Heard that about ecstasy, but not acid. Another dude I knew had tripped over thirty times half way through the semester. I had another friend who would eat acid before going to class. The late 80s and early 90s were some fun times...

Sep 11, 2015
Oh man. I read somewhere that acid actually puts permanent holes in your brain. It just can't be good!
You didn't really believe that fear mongering did you?

LSD isn't inherently bad, but it should certainly be approached with caution. Under the right circumstances, an LSD trip can be quite an enlightening experience. It was used in psychotherapy in the States until the mid-1960's when the government made it illegal as a result of "increased non-medical use." It's making a comeback as a therapeutic drug, though. There are some psychiatrists in Europe conducting trials with both LSD and MDMA to treat patients with PTSD, depression, alcoholism, and especially end-of-life anxiety in terminal patients. The results have been quite promising. The negative side-effects, nil.

Sep 11, 2015
my understanding has been that this issue is more with MDMA, but less about MDMA itself than whatever impurities are combined into it as a result of poor manufacturing controls.
The studies that spurred the notorious "holes in the brain" myth were later retracted due to extremely flawed methodology. One of them, conducted using monkeys as subjects, was retracted after it was discovered that the monkeys weren't injected with MDMA at all, but methamphetamine. The other study, done by the same NIDA-paid researcher was found to have produced wildly scattered results in both the test group and the control group.

Of course, that's not to say this or any other drug is completely safe. Harm can certainly occur with abuse, but many of the dangers are vastly overstated. IMO, the worst danger currently is the massive influx of "research chemicals" that mimic more traditional drugs. That shit is scary and that shit kills people.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The studies that spurred the notorious "holes in the brain" myth were later retracted due to extremely flawed methodology. One of them, conducted using monkeys as subjects, was retracted after it was discovered that the monkeys weren't injected with MDMA at all, but methamphetamine. The other study, done by the same NIDA-paid researcher was found to have produced wildly scattered results in both the test group and the control group.

Of course, that's not to say this or any other drug is completely safe. Harm can certainly occur with abuse, but many of the dangers are vastly overstated. IMO, the worst danger currently is the massive influx of "research chemicals" that mimic more traditional drugs. That shit is scary and that shit kills people.
i <3 bath salts

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Well that explains PSP!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I don't go to a lot of shows, but I like jam and funk bands blasting in the bong shed. String Cheese Incident is one of my favorites. DMB of course. But lately I'm digging the reggae/rock/stomp vibe. Ever listen to Medicine for the People?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been to two Phish shows. Pretty good, but not my fave. I've seen around 60 Widespread Panic shows, though. Big fave.
i saw widespread in MSG on halloween once. that was an experience.

also, when i was in high school i was at a leftover crack show at a venue, and at the venue directly above ween was playing. when the LOC show let out, we got out of the building to about 8 cop cars and all the punks were like wtf is this!?!?! turns out they were there for a bunch of OD's at the ween show.

Sep 11, 2015
i saw widespread in MSG on halloween once. that was an experience.

also, when i was in high school i was at a leftover crack show at a venue, and at the venue directly above ween was playing. when the LOC show let out, we got out of the building to about 8 cop cars and all the punks were like wtf is this!?!?! turns out they were there for a bunch of OD's at the ween show.
2003? Not one of their best years ...

Sounds about right for a Ween show. Not for me.

I don't go to a lot of shows, but I like jam and funk bands blasting in the bong shed. String Cheese Incident is one of my favorites. DMB of course. But lately I'm digging the reggae/rock/stomp vibe. Ever listen to Medicine for the People?
I love SCI. Not a big DMB fan. Will have to check out more Medicine for the People. I'm really into this new Sheepdogs album this week.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
2003? Not one of their best years ...

Sounds about right for a Ween show. Not for me.

I love SCI. Not a big DMB fan. Will have to check out more Medicine for the People. I'm really into this new Sheepdogs album this week.

Just pulled them up on spotify. I'm loving what I'm hearing!!! Reminds me of Grateful Dead. I love me some Uncle Johns Band...

Sep 11, 2015
sounds about right. i remember they covered ramones pet semetary and the time warp
Def 2003. I think that might have been the first time they ever covered Life During Wartime too. They still play that one every so often.

Just pulled them up on spotify. I'm loving what I'm hearing!!! Reminds me of Grateful Dead. I love me some Uncle Johns Band...
I paid money to go to the Grateful Dead 50th show in Chicago. Even though I never saw Jerry. < bag over head >

Sep 11, 2015
How was that show? I have not heard many good reviews...
I thought it was great, but I'm not a very harsh critic when it comes to live shows. If the energy is good and they don't royally fuck up the songs, I'm pretty happy. Besides, even just the spectacle of it all made it worth the trip with over 70,000 dead heads in the stadium and even more raging outside. Dancing with your friends is fun, even if the playing isn't perfect.

I'm not a big Phish fan, but I thought Trey sounded awesome up there.