Quantcast

Any plane buffs out there?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Went to Deer Valley airport for breakfast with family after the ride this morning and there were a couple of planes of interest.

First is a B17, they are giving rides today- $400 for a 20 minute flight. Although very cool, I think I'll save my $400 for a commercial carrier.

The second is a 1939 Waco YMF5. It is also available for a flight around the valley. I think the open cockpit would be far more fun.

This shot is sticking the camera inside the tail gun and looking toward the front of the plane

Ball turret

Here's a parting shot of it flying over the house

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'd love to take a flight in either of those. do you know if the turrets still worked? It'd be great fun to take a flight in the ball turret and get a great view under the plane.

L

luelling

LOL...when I was kid my good ass parents paid and I got to fly in that B-17. I have a large interest in WWII fighters...it was an awsome time and I will never forget it.

EDIT: FYI.....fighters and bombers

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Transcend said:
I'd love to take a flight in either of those. do you know if the turrets still worked? It'd be great fun to take a flight in the ball turret and get a great view under the plane.
I was gonna say, for $400, I better get to chill in the ball turret...

BillE

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Franklin Ma
Cool shots of the planes. I used to live in Plymouth Ma and every year they would get a B-17 and a B-24 Liberator for display and a flying demonstration. It was a treat for me to look at those planes and also to listen to those big radial engines on start up and watch them fly.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I'm not much of a plane buff but this was very cool. I'm involved in a community liasion program at our local base, and I got to go on a "thank you community" flight in a KC 135 last year that was totally awesome.

F-15 Eagle

Got to lay in the fueling bay while the jets came in for refueling

my husband did this flight one time when they fueled B1's

My flight was totally excellent, it was crystal clear out and we got to do loops around Rainier, Mt Hood, Crater Lake and even fly in the restricted space over Mt. St Helen's after the most recent activity.

all the pics jets and volcanoes,
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/misc/flight2-05/index.html