Quantcast

any PRO teams out there w/ team docs?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I think you're asking this in the wrong place...try the "1997 team budgets" and "Palmer's making $500K" forums.

Maybe the road teams, and even then I'd bet the docs' roles are to monitor blood tests to uh, make sure the riders aren't taking more supplements than their livers can metabolize.

Looking for employment?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Their aren't any teams left with "doctors" as far as I can remember in MTB racing.

They are still quite usefull in Road racing, as having strict supervision of the doping program tends to cut down on the number of "non-negative tests". Having someone on hand who can legally hold and order drugs, especially saline drips and glucose solution is also benefecial from a recovery aspect.

UCI registered pro teams, and any rider in the UCI top 200 in XC is required to have to complete yearly physicals, so lying to the man is a helpfull use of team doctorship...

Probally the most usefull aspect of having someone "pro" around to tend to riders in mtb is more of a PT approach to getting limpers back on the hill... Honestly though a skilled coach or soigneur can accomplish anything a team doctor can, albeit in some cases less legally.