Quantcast

any reason NOT to get a pivot mach 6

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pivot has something new coming out very soon. Rumor is aggressive/AM 29er.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
my buddy's has two on super sale at his shop. depending on what size you need it might be worth checking out.

$4k is a good deal for that bike/build.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If you're tall and like a bike to fit long in the TT then I would say "no dice" to the Pivot... at 6'2" even the XL Mach 6 isn't big enough for my preferences.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
great info.
am 5´8" so thats not a problem.

But knowing they are really short tips the scale towards the M.
As opposed to a small?

To give you an idea, the XL Mach 6 has a 1" shorter reach that my M Megatrail. They're fucking tiny.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How do those frames ride? When I had my Ibis HDs, I could not get rid of the feeling that they were just long legged XC bikes, stiffening under power and generally refusing to comply in rough stuff.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
How do those frames ride? When I had my Ibis HDs, I could not get rid of the feeling that they were just long legged XC bikes, stiffening under power and generally refusing to comply in rough stuff.
Like that.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Like that.
now, this is a problem; and the main reason I want to replace my scott.
i dont like long legged trail bikes.. i like mini downhill bikes (like the nomad). am a bit of a point and shoot hack.

would a similarly priced (but lesser spec-ed) davinci spartan be a better option???

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't buy a parking space, sell your car for a beater that won't get stolen, buy Devinci with good components........win?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Don't buy a parking space, sell your car for a beater that won't get stolen, buy Devinci with good components........win?
a devinci with good parts runs for almost $6k. thats too much dentristry for me.
plus... its pretty heavy.
i borrowed a cheap one some time ago (setup with dual chainrings and 4 piston brakes); and it was over 34 pounds (!)...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
a devinci with good parts runs for almost $6k. thats too much dentristry for me.
plus... its pretty heavy.
i borrowed a cheap one some time ago (setup with dual chainrings and 4 piston brakes); and it was over 34 pounds (!)...
I've pimped XC rides that weigh more than that... plus the Devinci has Nano Powder, if that's anything like it was in the 80s 32 pounds will feel like a thunderbolt.

Last edited: