Quantcast

any riding in the walnut creek area?

jamis24

Chimp
May 26, 2004
SB, vermont
im going out to cali this summer and was thinking of bringing my bike and was wondering if there are any trails in or around the walnut creek area?

-Mike

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
And Sand Hill, and Santa Cruz if you want to drive an hour. It's worth bringing your bike if you'll have time to drive to some spots.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
if you're in WC all summer, then bringing a bike would be worth it, especially if you have time and means to hit up all the bay area spots.

-East Bay Rich

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Like everyone else has said, you'll have to drive a bit to get to the good riding, but Walnut Creek itself has virtually no riding. The best that I know of are some illegal shuttle trails in the Oakland and Berkeley hills, along with Sand Hill, which is out in Brentwood. Also, if you're up for it, Northstar is less than 3 hours away from Walnut Creek, and it makes a perfect day trip. Leave at 6am, there by 9am, ride till 3pm, home in time for dinner. I do it all the time.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
there are a couple local trail networks along with the 2nd tallest free standing mountain in the world but the trails (legal ones) arent the best in terms of dh or technical trails...for fun and kinda fast stuff and plenty of fire roads there is plenty to ride. Shell Ridge. Lime Ridge. Briones. Mount Diablo. its all within 10 min of WC

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
Walnut creek is pretty suburban, but also centrally located to access a lot of parks and trails within a few hours. Mount Diablo is close, and there are the parks of the East Bay Regional Park District. both unfortunately limit riding to fire roads, but do have miles of them to ride and some pretty great scenery.

To the north, Mt. Tam, Tamarancho, Annadel State Park are all not too far away. And that is just starting into Norcal. there's lots more as you continue north.

To the east, the closest spots in the Sierras are 3 hours away. Rockville, over by Fairfield is maybe an hour away.

West of you are the Berkeley Hills and further west, the Santa Cruz mountains. Check out
HTML:
www.openspace.org
, Wilder Ranch State Park, and Soquel Demonstration Forest.

There are also some pretty great road biking opportunities in the Bay area.

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
hey bro, i live in concord, right next to walnut creek, and if u wanted to ride any djs while ur out here, pm me or something and we could go ride, i know iof some spots, but there not exactly in wc. but if ur gonna b out here a while, definately bring ur bike.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, here's what my offering is to this shant thread. What kind of riding do you want? We have Mt. Diablo which has some great trails, along with Briones and some street stuff at DVC (local community college representin'!) Freeride in DVC is great, along with the briones trails and the hills behind Saint Mary's College in Moraga. let me know, and we'll ride. RIIIDE MOTHER CHUCKER!