Quantcast

Any rumors on new drops /trail/ ect.2008?

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Just wondering shawn if theres any new freeride fabrication in the works this year as well as new trail features Ect . Need something to look forward to. Winter stinks . C u in a few months. I was thinking you guys should build a trail that runs over top or directly through the water park I think that would make for a nice scenic run , Possibly through a water fall on those hot days. just a thought.I think alot of riders would agree.

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I'm pretty sure there will be enough changes to look forward to. They will probably announce them when it starts getting warmer and they can build. I hope there is more wood features scattered around.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
they should build some North Shore stuff Down Deliverance/Evil Bob.... that trail isn't hit as much as it used to, though one of my favorite trails i would hate to see it go!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
At the end of the season, Diablo had announced that they will be building new features, as well as a FR-ish XC trail (I assume on the backside)

That is all I heard.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i know that they are building a lil dominian th the lef of lower brakeout and it is going to be a bunch of jumps like the one at the top of upper brake out... and some new wood features.... thats all i got so far

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah i love the wooden features...i really hope they revive some of the older trails with them...evilbob/deliverance is a great trail the above was a great suggestion.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I also heard that they are putting stripper poles Twist/OTB and Flatliner... and on those poles sexy women will entertain us as we ride by!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
just remember that dirt isnt easy to come by. from what i have seen and heard creating dirt jumps is not an easy task. a good deal of the mountain is rocks, and diablo cannot go dig a hole wherever they please. the upper and lower dominion jumps were made back when the super pipe was dug. shawn ran the terrain park and asked for the dirt to be dumped there. (this is what i have heard from people it may not be true so dont hold me to it)

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I've heard some sweet rumors myself from pretty credible sources... if they are true, it's going to be even better then this past season.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
just remember that dirt isnt easy to come by. from what i have seen and heard creating dirt jumps is not an easy task. a good deal of the mountain is rocks, and diablo cannot go dig a hole wherever they please. the upper and lower dominion jumps were made back when the super pipe was dug. shawn ran the terrain park and asked for the dirt to be dumped there. (this is what i have heard from people it may not be true so dont hold me to it)
The pipe was there long before Diablo, that thing was there the first time Mountain Creek was open for Mountain Biking back in the late 1990's.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj

well i can donate a couple of loads of dirt... my uncle works for an excavating (i know i spelt it wrong!) company and they usuly just give it away any way.... if shawn needs dirt tell him to tell me :)

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
BIKE mag just put out an article on the 50 best places in america to ride and diablo was one of them. a statement in the article from shawn oreccio says "2008 will be our largest single-season trail improvement project in our five year history," and im really looking forward too wheather they doing anything or not!

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Its the calm before the Storm .Diablo is gonna rock this year better than ever! The count down is on for fun in the sun.

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
im getting sick of the cold weather.....rain (sorry down the sore didnt get any snow) i need to get on a bike....getting fat!

pinpoint199

Chimp
Jan 29, 2007
Supposedly they are putting in a 4x/Slope courese, i dont know how thats going to work out with Creek though.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Hey guys.... Just to keep rumors in check, we currently have no plans to implement a 4x and/or slopestyle course. Among various other improvements, we will be adding many slopestyle-type features throughout the mountain and creating slopestyle 'areas', but we will not have a full-blown course.

Have no fear! Keep your eyes glued to the diablo site in the near future. We are working on some very unique trail, course, event and training concepts, some of which are not currently being offered in the states or anywhere for that matter. Yes, this is vague info and details are limited right now, however, of the very few people we've shared these concepts with, the concensus is that Diablo fans will be very happy and surprised.

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
We are working on some very unique trail, course, event and training concepts...Yes, this is vague info and details are limited right now, however, of the very few people we've shared these concepts with, the concensus is that Diablo fans will be very happy and surprised.
What a tease. ;)

By "training concepts" I hope you mean more skills areas where one can work on progressively increasing their ability. And by "not currently offered in the states" I hope you mean "Whistler-esque". :thumb:

Separate question: Any chance that the US Open dual-slalom course will be open for public use during the regular season?

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
What a tease. ;)

By "training concepts" I hope you mean more skills areas where one can work on progressively increasing their ability. And by "not currently offered in the states" I hope you mean "Whistler-esque". :thumb:

Separate question: Any chance that the US Open dual-slalom course will be open for public use during the regular season?
We'll definately be adding more 'progression' type features including small boxes, drops, etc, however the training concept in discussion pertains to racing.

Unfortunately, due its location, the DS course for the USO will not be able to remain up during the season. The mountain will potentially start construction on the much needed base lodge and this indirectly affects the area where the DS will be located for a period throughout the summer. No worries, we are working on a semi-similar, permanent course 'concept' that will be unique. very. :shocked:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
just an idea here but the last half of asylum should become a jump line and the 3 berms should be used as dirt to make one big left hander. its definitly possible to make a sick jump line and the roller and step up are already there so.....please....

Mar 19, 2007
Somers, NY
HOLY CRAPOLA! the trail crew certianly has their work cut out for them! I cant wait to see the new slopestyle hits!...maybe ill be able to grab a sneak peak when i hit the slopes on my snowboard!

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
I would like to suggest a trail down slope from Ripper that would allow you to exit the old part of Utah cross the slope and get you back onto the woods. I feel it would help with the flow like Victory did. Just a suggestion.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Just open already....

I would prefer Diablo open NOW with the same trials as last year than sit here and wait with anticipation....

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
HOLY CRAPOLA! the trail crew certianly has their work cut out for them! I cant wait to see the new slopestyle hits!...maybe ill be able to grab a sneak peak when i hit the slopes on my snowboard!

almost 100% pisitive that they will not be working on the trails while you are snowboarding.