Quantcast

any shops in/near tucson rent bikes?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm going to be in Tuscon next week... anyone know if there is a shop nearby that would rent me a decent road bike for a day or two?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
have a drink @ the bar in the Congress Hotel...that place is great.

and if you are lucky, either Howe Gelb or Calexico will be playing when you are there. definitely catch a show if you can.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've only rented once and the bikes were a complete disaster. The bikes were POS's, nothing worked, completely ruined the riding experience. I can't remember exactly how much the rental cost but I doubt I saved much money compared to checking my own bike on the plane. From that day on whenever I travel to ride I take my own bike.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'd much rather take my own bike, but I just don't have the room. Travelling with 2 young children means LOTS of **** will make the trip before my bike.

I'm going to call around to see what they rent out. While I don't need a full carbon race bike, I don't want a POS that's not worth riding.

My dad (who we are going to visit in Tucson) has a nice Giant carbon roadie, but it's a large, which I'm pretty sure is going to be HUGE.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
I'd much rather take my own bike, but I just don't have the room. Travelling with 2 young children means LOTS of **** will make the trip before my bike.

I'm going to call around to see what they rent out. While I don't need a full carbon race bike, I don't want a POS that's not worth riding.

My dad (who we are going to visit in Tucson) has a nice Giant carbon roadie, but it's a large, which I'm pretty sure is going to be HUGE.
Why don't you just ship it to a bike shop in advance of your trip then ship it home when you are done?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
Why don't you just ship it to a bike shop in advance of your trip then ship it home when you are done?
I'm not sure I trust it to be shipped, plus I was hoping to try out somethign different for a few days and save some money over shipping mine out at the same time.

However, the more I look into the rental option, the better the shipping option is looking.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
I'm not sure I trust it to be shipped, plus I was hoping to try out somethign different for a few days and save some money over shipping mine out at the same time.
Ah... too bad you aren't going to Albuquerque... there is several bike shops that will loan out top of the line bikes for holding a credit card.. I've never been charged either.