Quantcast

Any social distortion fans?

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Hey how do you view the other pictures of Social D on your site...I just saw the same one of the guitar close up?

Theres just two?
I don't know crap. I give up. :mumble:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
dh girlie said:
Hey how do you view the other pictures of Social D on your site...I just saw the same one of the guitar close up?

Theres just two?

you have a show to look forward to- It was amazing :thumb:

only 1 day at a time is posted- to see other days you have to click the corresponding day on the calendar to the right

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
derekpearson said:
you have a show to look forward to- It was amazing :thumb:

only 1 day at a time is posted- to see other days you have to click the corresponding day on the calendar to the right
Ahh ok...thanks...great pics, as usual...

I know...we just saw them a couple of months ago in Santa Cruz and they put on a great show...looking forward to Monday night, but we got tickets kinda late so were in the seats...no pit action...:(

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Shut up c**t. FYI...Mike Ness did not post that...it was Derek...

Whatever - I guess I was wrong. Trying to help. Friggin unappreciative c**t. :mumble: :D

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
dh girlie said:
Ahh ok...thanks...great pics, as usual...

I know...we just saw them a couple of months ago in Santa Cruz and they put on a great show...looking forward to Monday night, but we got tickets kinda late so were in the seats...no pit action...:(
bummer- it was pretty wild. Having to watch my cameras reflective back for moshers coming over the fence while trying to compose shots always adds a bit of excitement to my workplace :monkey:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
meh, my views on social d don't need anymore airing.

maybe i'm still bitter because they got the opening slot on the neil young/sonic youth tour instead of a pre-Nevermind nirvana...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
meh, my views on social d don't need anymore airing.

maybe i'm still bitter because they got the opening slot on the neil young/sonic youth tour instead of a pre-Nevermind nirvana...
For the second time this morning I am thinking that I may need to pull out the famous 'rum raisin ice cream' theory.

This is a thread about social d...NEXT!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
derekpearson said:
bummer- it was pretty wild. Having to watch my cameras reflective back for moshers coming over the fence while trying to compose shots always adds a bit of excitement to my workplace :monkey:

man what a great weekend this is gonna be...Seed of Chucky tonight...Social D on Monday...

Great pics, as usual. I can't WAIT! That video you linked to is one of my favorite social d songs...it got me pumped for the show!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
man what a great weekend this is gonna be...Seed of Chucky tonight...Social D on Monday...

Great pics, as usual. I can't WAIT! That video you linked to is one of my favorite social d songs...it got me pumped for the show!

Monday is not part of the weekend, dumb ass.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn True said:
crap!
must see this show, I hadda go to New Zealand when they were in Santa Cruz over the summer and misssed it.

Oh I was there!!! It was GOOOD! The one in August at the Catalyst...that tiny joint in SC...you know the place...where Social D played this summer while you were in NZ eatin kiwis! :D

I also saw Sublimes second to last show there...couple nights before bradley od'd. :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Damn True said:
crap!
must see this show, I hadda go to New Zealand when they were in Santa Cruz over the summer and misssed it.
gee, there's a real sacrifice.

hmmmm.....would i rather swim off Coromandel, do a hike up Fox glacier, go for a hike on the milford track, whitewater raft in queenstown...

or....

see a lifeless caricature of a punk band?

tough choice!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
yeah well music has been in a very sad state the last few years...I have to hang onto the good music of the past...I'm not cool like you and listen to all those obscure bands no ones ever heard of...:p hahahahaha!
as long as you are spoon-fed rum raisin ice cream from mass media, the only one to blame is yr self.

saying that there has been no good music the last few years is a ludicrous statement.

do you like neil young? go check out some jason molina/songs: ohia

how about skynyrd? get the latest from the drive-by truckers.

rap yr thing? get _deadringer_ from RJD2

twee pop songs? belle and sebastian have you covered.

if you like some punk/noise stuff, even though it's not new, check out any number of bands from Touch and Go or Amphetamine Reptile (jesus lizard, tar, cows, butthole surfers, killdozer, halo of flies, surgery, helios creed, ad naseum).

seriously, tell me what kind of stuff you like and i'll burn a cdr this weekend for you. PM me yr mailing address.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:

hmmmm.....would i rather swim off Coromandel, do a hike up Fox glacier, go for a hike on the milford track, whitewater raft in queenstown...

or....

tough choice!

What...you have you 'Jump to Conclusions' mat there? :D He just said he'd like to see this show since he missed em last time cuz he was in NZ. Didn't say he would've chosen between the two...maybe his business in NZ was not pleasant...maybe he was at a funeral or something...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
narlus said:

or....

tough choice!

Well, my trip to NZ didn't take me any further afield than the inside of a conference center.

No SD is not that core anymore (not sure what that means, or if it's good or bad) but I listen to them for the same reason I still listen to the Ramones. It's comforting, its part of the fiber of who I am.

Once heard Ness on "Politically Incorrect" and one of the so-called funny comedian guys tried to take a poke at SD for the fact that their music is mainly 4 chords. Mike smiled at the guy and said, "Yeah, but they are the RIGHT 4 chords." then flipped him off.

Hell, the Ramones put out three albums before Johnny learned his fourth chord.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
as long as you are spoon-fed rum raisin ice cream from mass media, the only one to blame is yr self.

saying that there has been no good music the last few years is a ludicrous statement.

do you like neil young? go check out some jason molina/songs: ohia

how about skynyrd? get the latest from the drive-by truckers.

rap yr thing? get _deadringer_ from RJD2

twee pop songs? belle and sebastian have you covered.

if you like some punk/noise stuff, even though it's not new, check out any number of bands from Touch and Go or Amphetamine Reptile (jesus lizard, tar, cows, butthole surfers, killdozer, halo of flies, surgery, helios creed, ad naseum).

seriously, tell me what kind of stuff you like and i'll burn a cdr this weekend for you. PM me yr mailing address.

I like Social D! HAHAHAHA!!! Ummm...sublime, run dmc, tool, public enemy, NWA, Kottonmouth Kings (first two cd's) Fab 5 Freddy....I like all kindsa stuff. Surprise me...

Oh...I forgot...I like Judas Priest...heavy metal screams rock...and Johnny cash...oohhh...and Ludacris...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
No...but its one good thing after another for the next few days...you're just jealous...what do YOU have planned? Sitting home to watch your copy of Raising Helen?

Actually - I plan to ride, unless it rains. I don't own the damn movie either. :mumble:

J

JRB

Here's the deal. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. Jesus, we all just bitch. Non-stop. We're like a bunch of primates just poking all day long. Geez.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Here's the deal. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. Jesus, we all just bitch. Non-stop. We're like a bunch of primates just poking all day long. Geez.

HAHAHAHA! well..sometimes it makes people feel better to insult others tastes in whatever...just let it be...don't get all worked up over it...you just have to not care...people can say all the bad stuff they want about Chucky, and social d but that is not going to change my opinion on chucky or social d...I still love chucky and social d...I certainly am not going to let some geek that wears a costume to a movie premier burst my bubble! HAHAHAHA!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Damn True said:
HA!
Heard that before.
ouch.

note to self. burn 3 cds this weekend.

DT, i did find the punk stuff a few weeks ago but some of the tracks didn't come out when i ripped 'em. i'll find suitable replacemetns.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
ouch.

note to self. burn 3 cds this weekend.

DT, i did find the punk stuff a few weeks ago but some of the tracks didn't come out when i ripped 'em. i'll find suitable replacemetns.

It's ok...I've OW3D loco-gringo a fun lovin criminals cd and a copy of my famous old skool mega mix for 2 months now...they will be shipping out next week! :thumb: