Quantcast

Any stolen/missing dh bikes lately?!?!

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I work at a shop and had a guy check in "his" bike last night for service. He didn't fit the typical dh'er persona, much less your typical expensive bike owner persona. He was skittish about putting his info down on the service ticket and couldn't answer simple questions when I asked what exactly he wanted fixed. I tried to carry on a conversation with him about dh'ing in the area, being a dh diehard myself, but he wasn't interested in the slightest. I could just be reading to much into this, but just in case, here goes:

If anyone has had their dh bike stolen or come up missing in the area, please send me a PM with description and/or serial number. I'm not going to give out details just yet, cause I don't want to specifically call out something that might not be at present. Just looking out for fellow riders/dher's in the area cause it peaked my interest.

Aug 1, 2007
Richmond, VA
Good lookout man. I used to work at a car audio shop and this kid brought an amp in for repair, I remembered a customer of mine had recently gotten his system stolen and that he had the same amp. I called the customer to identify it, then called the police to handle the situation. I know that's what I would want done for me if I was in the same scenario.