Quantcast

any thoughts on pronation?

Jul 29, 2009
hello
my knees have hurt a lot and now only a little bit (after getting a black market mob that i use for dirt jumping)
i saw a physiotherapist today who said that part of the problem may be pronation (that my knee moves inward (instead of staying straight) upon bending and thus creating a twisting kind of strain)
he suggested that i try and use an insole for my shoes
does anyone have any experience with that?
thanks
rasmus

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
They help, I was having terrible lower back pain about a year ago and went to my doctor. My ankles and knees were over pronating when I walked and putting huge amounts of stress on my lower back. He recommended the superfeet insoles and I wear them in all the shoes I own now. Haven't had any more back pain.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I am 40+ and have a physical job. I will give a short list of things that I have learned.

1. This sh!t really helps, for real. I have tried the tablets and did nothing. but this liquid really makes a difference in my joint pain Amazon.com: Drinkables Liquid Joint Care, Citrus, 33-Ounce Plastic Bottle: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BSEq7ThoL.@@AMEPARAM@@41BSEq7ThoL

2.I have had knee pain from torn acl and split fibia, but some of the worst came from some f'ed up bones in my foot. My chiropracter figured it out in 2 minuted and said it was from casing jumps on my mx bike, he fixed it in 10 minutes, no bs.

3. stretch 20 minutes a day, as gay as it sounds it will make a big difference in how your body feels over time.

4. good shoes or insoles really make a difference in your pain level.

If you dig/ride and are over 40 its all about pain management, because the sh!t plain wears you out. If your young I suggest you pin it because you really only have one shot, make the most while u can.