Quantcast

Any Tri-Cities/Mid-Columbia Freeriders out there?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I kind of asked this question when I first joined the :monkey: , but I didn't get much of a response, so i'm trying again this year. anyway, i've only really met one or two guys here with dh bikes, and i've never ridden with anybody here, except for my friend that i loaned my gt to. so if you live in or are visiting tri-cities pm me and maybe i can show you some of the stuff i've been building and riding in richland. i've got several stepdowns ranging from 15-25 foot gaps, a 25 foot road gap in badger mountain park, and a short little dh trail with a couple decent sized jumps on it, plus a jump/drop area only a couple minutes from my house. or we can go ride urban or sumthin around town.
I'm desparate for someone to ride with:(

BTW i'm only 15 so if u don't want to ride with a kid...

i'd also be glad to catch a carpool to like hood river or sumthin. i can pay for gas and drive once i get my license (i've got an astro van, too)

so pm me if you're interested.

-steven

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i am interested in these stepdowns sounds fun!
wsu is sorta close....2.5 hours...
i am acutally in the tri visiting my girls' parents right now but i only have my bmx...hiting the park possibly tomorrow and maybe the bmx track but i don't have pads(bmx racing pads)...

you'll have to come over and urban with us sometime

oh and if your goin to winthrop just look for anyone in a wsu jersey(we have cougar heads on em...)
or my bike in the "pete's fork" thread and we can talk more

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by gborden
Im going to school in wallawalla next year
isn't that fairly close to the tri-cities?
i think its like 45 minutes, but its probably only worth coming over here if you're bored out of your mind. its fun if you're already in the area, but most of the jumps are just like 2 or three in a row, not all linked up in one place. everything's within like 2miles.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by allsk8sno
i am interested in these stepdowns sounds fun!
wsu is sorta close....2.5 hours...
i am acutally in the tri visiting my girls' parents right now but i only have my bmx...hiting the park possibly tomorrow and maybe the bmx track but i don't have pads(bmx racing pads)...

you'll have to come over and urban with us sometime

oh and if your goin to winthrop just look for anyone in a wsu jersey(we have cougar heads on em...)
or my bike in the "pete's fork" thread and we can talk more
like i said above i don't think it's worth the drive from wsu just to come to my jumps but it'd be fun if you were in the area. its pretty windy so the track might not be that great, but maybe i'm just sayin that cuz i was going to go but then my friend ended up not being able to take me...

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hey my girl Zoae (rainbow_smoke) is going to be spending time working in the T-C over the summer. She would like to have someone to ride with.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
maybe we could meet up and go to hoodriver or something? if you pay for the beer I'll bring the car. (ha, I can't wait till college.)
just don't drink and drive. my sister just got a DUI last year at her college (WSU). it cost her $2000, a night in jail, and no driving for at least four months. i'll just give you some money and assume its for the gas;)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
bummer about your sis, I wasn't suggesting driving drunk anyway though.
i know, but yeah. she didn't think she was drunk. it was funny cuz the cop pulled her over and said "your headlight is out." then she replied, "which one?" that's how he knew she was drunk
:p

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
so where in the great T-C do you ride?? I am here until Thurs. but I did not bring my bike. Depending on my looking for a FT job situation I may be back next week.

so I want to know if it would be worth bringing my bike over.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by rainbow_smoke
so where in the great T-C do you ride?? I am here until Thurs. but I did not bring my bike. Depending on my looking for a FT job situation I may be back next week.

so I want to know if it would be worth bringing my bike over.
well, it would be fun with a dh/fr bike. if you have a trail bike you could go to state patrol in kennewick. my freeride stuff is in richland by badger mountain. just found and did an 8 foot rock drop at badger mountain park today along with a 25 foot road gap. there's smaller stuff there too. badger mountain park has a whole bunch of baseball and soccer fields, and behind it is the hill where i ride. the hill has a whole bunch of big rocks and dirt roads to jump off of or bomb down. in addition to badger, i have a little area by my house with several jumps and drops and then there's a big, steep, rocky hill behind it that i venture up sometimes. i have a little trail on that hill that has a few decent sized jumps. the good thing about my jumps is that most of them you won't crash on if you come up short, so you can work your way up before going all out.