Quantcast

Any way to re-bend a saddle shell?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang
I'm having saddle trouble. I have a nice Fizik Thar saddle that makes an awful noise when I sit on it. I tried disassembling it and cleaning it, but no change. Replacing it with my WTB silverado worked great, but I guess over the years the shell has deformed and now rubs on the rails. I tried sticking something between the shell and the rails while it was up on my shelf, but over time it has flexed back to rubbing.

Is there any way to re-bend the shell so it doesn't rub? Maybe a heat gun and a wrench or something? Or is it simply time for this saddle?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hey gang
I'm having saddle trouble. I have a nice Fizik Thar saddle that makes an awful noise when I sit on it. I tried disassembling it and cleaning it, but no change. Replacing it with my WTB silverado worked great, but I guess over the years the shell has deformed and now rubs on the rails. I tried sticking something between the shell and the rails while it was up on my shelf, but over time it has flexed back to rubbing.

Is there any way to re-bend the shell so it doesn't rub? Maybe a heat gun and a wrench or something? Or is it simply time for this saddle?
As in the plastic shell of the saddle has sagged out and is now rubbing on the rails?

If so, it's toast. There's no fix that doesn't result in the high, long term probability of a saddle rail to the sack.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Admittedly this is an older ti railed saddle, but I'm not real hard on things so it hasn't seen that much use....but I get it, it's ded.