Quantcast

Any way to unshrink clothes?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I just bought a sweater that shrank on me in the dryer...not to the point of where I can't wear it but I like my sweaters a bit "beefy" if there's a word for it. As it stands now its a little to cramped for my tastes...any ideas would be appreciated.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
Don't eat for a week and smoke alot of crack. My suggestion is the most practical.
If you were to smoke some crystal meth instead. You wouldn't even need a sweater.....jdcamb

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i accidentally put my wool sweater in the washer and the dryer. it came out with two large holes in it. i say, don't put sweaters in the dryer.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Get the sweater wet again by running it through rinse / spin cycle in the washing machine. Take it out, lay it flat on a towel, and gently stretch the fabric until it's back to normal size. Lay another towel on top, and try to soak up more of the moisture from the sweater. After a few hours, go back and stretch it again just a little more, and replace the bottom towel with a new, dry one. Weight the shoulders cuffs and shirt-tail corners with something fairly heavy (like a rock or book...but make it a clean rock or a book you don't mind ruining with water). Let the sweater air dry like this.

J

JRB

El Jefe said:
Get the sweater wet again by running it through rinse / spin cycle in the washing machine. Take it out, lay it flat on a towel, and gently stretch the fabric until it's back to normal size. Lay another towel on top, and try to soak up more of the moisture from the sweater. After a few hours, go back and stretch it again just a little more, and replace the bottom towel with a new, dry one. Weight the shoulders cuffs and shirt-tail corners with something fairly heavy (like a rock or book...but make it a clean rock or a book you don't mind ruining with water). Let the sweater air dry like this.
Good job :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
zod said:
You should probably use a politically correct term like "dwarf" or "elf" as to not offend any munchkins....... :D
By "small" I meant me. I am always up for free stuff. I thought elves were tall?

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
By "small" I meant me. I am always up for free stuff. I thought elves were tall?
That was not a real elf. It was just Will Ferrell playing one.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
When I first got married, the wife asked me to do some laundry. I was like okay no problem. I throw the clothes in the washer, then in the dryer. That's what I've always done. Well apparently there was this shirt in there that I was suppose to just lay flat and air dry. Needless to say it wouldn't even fit an elf. She was so pissed but it was funny at the same time.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
There was a notice on the tag that said..."best results if dripped dry" In normal guy fashion I interpreted that to mean "its alright to put in dryer you just won't get the best results". Yeah.....we all saw how well that worked.

J

JRB

Dog Welder said:
There was a notice on the tag that said..."best results if dripped dry" In normal guy fashion I interpreted that to mean "its alright to put in dryer you just won't get the best results". Yeah.....we all saw how well that worked.
Turns out best results means "remains the same size" in this case. :rolleyes: