Quantcast

Any Web peeps want to move to Bend Oregon?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
We have an opening coming up for an all around Web person. Qualified applicant will have a solid understanding of Web technologies. Servers, sites, business oriented web development, common sense in development strategy, ability to trouble shoot things like email. Project management skills. Not looking for an expert in any one technology, more of an expert project manager with years of Web experience.

Relocation is not provided.

PM me with some basics if interested.

J

JRB

I wish I new how. Sounds like a decent opportunity.

BTW - spammer. :p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, if you need a QA Engineer, let me know :thumb:.

I can't afford Bend, my horse would love it though. I am heading out to China Hat next weekend for some moto action.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
jimmydean said:
Man, if you need a QA Engineer, let me know :thumb:.

I can't afford Bend, my horse would love it though. I am heading out to China Hat next weekend for some moto action.
If you get in now you can still do OK. You can still get a decent house for under 300k (I know, more expensive than PDX).

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Transcend said:
So is this to replace you leaving?
Yes but I won't be leaving immediately.

That reminds me, we don't want any legal immigrants. Too much paperwork. Illegals are OK though.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BeerDemon said:
Yes but I won't be leaving immediately.

That reminds me, we don't want any legal immigrants. Too much paperwork. Illegals are OK though.
:D

I guess someone needs to lead the revolution online. If I go, will they pick me up every morning from a corner with a pickup truck? I'll ride in the back, as prescribed by the illegal worker act of 2006.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Transcend said:
:D

I guess someone needs to lead the revolution online. If I go, will they pick me up every morning from a corner with a pickup truck? I'll ride in the back, as prescribed by the illegal worker act of 2006.
Yes. We call that our "benefit package".

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Transcend said:
Sick!

you going into real estate or what?
Nah. I'm going to be blogging full time. Give that a shot for a year or two.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Blogging full time for Aaron:

Walked to the bar today and drank. I wonder if I can roast hot dogs on the fire outside McMennamins?

Day 2

Walked to a different bar today to drink. Where is the crazy guy that rides around with the Samurai sword? I need to hook up with him. We could f' stuff up around town.

Day 3
Walked to a different bar yet again today. Think I'll ride around and count how many little coffee huts this city has.

:)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Tenchiro said:
Damn, those is Seattle prices...
How about a brand new 3300' 4/2.5 with granite countertops, upgraded italian tile floors, fireplace in living room and master bedroom, huge master bath with darcy tub for around $480,000? No realtors.

J

JRB

Heidi said:
<snip>Day 2

Walked to a different bar today to drink. Where is the crazy guy that rides around with the Samurai sword? I need to hook up with him. We could f' stuff up around town.
After today's animosity between BD and Ciaran, I don't know if it's a good idea for them to hang out. :think: Wait....you said Samurai sword.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Heidi said:
Blogging full time for Aaron:

Walked to the bar today and drank. I wonder if I can roast hot dogs on the fire outside McMennamins?

Day 2

Day 3
Walked to a different bar yet again today. Think I'll ride around and count how many little coffee huts this city has.

:)
LOL that's the stuff!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Heidi said:
How about a brand new 3300' 4/2.5 with granite countertops, upgraded italian tile floors, fireplace in living room and master bedroom, huge master bath with darcy tub for around $480,000? No realtors.
I make a whole $65k a year, unless I got a HUGE raise, I will stay in "the grove". My house is $175k. It's only 980 sqft, but it's on a 1/4 acre.

I wouldn't know what to do with 3300 sqft.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Heidi said:
You should probably put a higher price tag on that. Homes in Lava Ridges are going for 550k now and I'm sure your location is much better.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Transcend said:
No kidding, I am currently in the market, and even 1300 ' sq places seem huge for 1 or 2 people.
If the layout is right, that is pretty huge for 1 or 2 people. We lived in a 1350ft joint until the wife got knocked up with the 3rd kid.

At that point we had to face reality. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
SkaredShtles said:
If the layout is right, that is pretty huge for 1 or 2 people. We lived in a 1350ft joint until the wife got knocked up with the 3rd kid.

At that point we had to face reality. :D
My wife and I's first house was a 1600' 2 story, but the layout sucked! There were 4 of us and it was ok. When moved into a 1400' single story and it was much better. When our son moved out, we move into this house and it's perfect for the 3 of us. The only change I see is I would like a master bath in our next house.

But I would rather have 1000' house on a 15,000' lot than the 3000' houses they build in Portland on 5000' lots. I love my back yard.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Holy crap! Do you have 5 kids or something? :)
That's just their cocktail party house. They don't even live there. Californians move up here and buy up the whole town.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
BeerDemon said:
That's just their cocktail party house. They don't even live there. Californians move up here and buy up the whole town.
haahaha - my cocktail party house! Lava Ridge is truer Westside so they get more over there.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Heidi said:
Lava Ridge is truer Westside so they get more over there.
I think you are confused grasshopper. Lava Ridges is NE on Empire.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
BeerDemon said:
I think you are confused grasshopper. Lava Ridges is NE on Empire.
Oh, ok, so it's next to Brothers? Well, we have a couple more months before putting it on the market...we'll see.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you would have bought in Bend 10 years ago, you could have bought the whole town for the price of Heidi's house. With the advent of Internet millionares and Californians, the price has gone up a bit.

When I moved to Portland in '93, my house in NE was $26,000. Last time it was on the market it was more like $225,000. F@cking Californians :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
BeerDemon said:

That is correct. And I have no idea why but I keep getting subliminal messages telling me that Bend is the hottest real estate in the country right now. :D

L

luelling

jimmydean said:
If you would have bought in Bend 10 years ago, you could have bought the whole town for the price of Heidi's house. With the advent of Internet millionares and Californians, the price has gone up a bit.

When I moved to Portland in '93, my house in NE was $26,000. Last time it was on the market it was more like $225,000. F@cking Californians :D
I know a firefighter that I ride with who owns two houses there (one is a recent purchase) and they both continue to climb steady. The first house he bought a while ago and got a killer deal and its worth a lot so I think refinanced and bought a nice big house and then rented his old house. Despite the high costs of houses, he is able to rent his old house and make a profit while that guy pays the mortgage. I guess what I'm saying is its still a descent market that is only going to go up.