Jan 24, 2004
california
Actually listening to Pink Triangle right now... :p

"Everyone's a little queer, why can't she be a little straight?"

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Very nice shot. Must be a bitch to get lighting just right in a concert setting where lights never stay the same for very long. How many shots do you typically shoot to get that one perfect shot?

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Morryjg said:
Very nice shot. Must be a bitch to get lighting just right in a concert setting where lights never stay the same for very long. How many shots do you typically shoot to get that one perfect shot?

Not too many anymore. I see a lot of other photogs in the pit just snapping the entire time- rookies!! :) I actually compose and just wait. A lot of lighting is on a schedule so if you see the light you want, you just wait a couple cycles and time it. A lot of times the light sucks pretty much the whole time like last night. I didnt even hold my camera up for the first two songs because I knew it was useless, but saw that at the end of the song he usually did something like this and the light would come up for just a second. So I was waiting at the end of the third song :)

thanks Greyhound, yeah hes a little quirky..

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
LordOpie said:
you'll be disappointed with their latest effort. Uhh, if you could call it an effort.
:stupid:

I downloaded a leaked copy of their new album a couple days ago, and I deleted it within the hour. Very unimpressive.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The only reason to listen to Weezer is if you really want to get laid by that emo-chick with the mullet ;)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dexterq20 said:
So I guess you're definitely a Weezer fan, huh? :devil:
Nothing hotter than a chick with a mullet :p

Last night I saw two sick femullets at the bar & now it's all I can think about :blah:

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
LordOpie said:
you'll be disappointed with their latest effort. Uhh, if you could call it an effort.

You mean that song called Beverly hills.. i don;t really like that to. Nice location.. but that's all.

I can't recall the number i like.. :think:

Aha i know it's Weezer with " Buddy Holly " .

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Nothing hotter than a chick with a mullet :p

Last night I saw two sick femullets at the bar & now it's all I can think about :blah:
Dare I bring up Pat Benetar again? What the hell's going on up in Santa Barbara?

Pinkerton is a highly underrated album. The only Weezer album to feature some real, raw id and not just fun/cool/poppy stuff. Man had some issues and let 'em rip.

ed: sweet shot, dp. He looks a little bewildered as to what he's doing on stage all of a sudden. "Man, I was getting really into that game of D&D and then all of a sudden I'm on stage holding this guitar! What gives??"

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
MikeD said:
Dare I bring up Pat Benetar again? What the hell's going on up in Santa Barbara?

Pinkerton is a highly underrated album. The only Weezer album to feature some real, raw id and not just fun/cool/poppy stuff. Man had some issues and let 'em rip.

ed: sweet shot, dp. He looks a little bewildered as to what he's doing on stage all of a sudden. "Man, I was getting really into that game of D&D and then all of a sudden I'm on stage holding this guitar! What gives??"
haha thanks. Yeah from what I gather and saw of him yesterday onstage and off, I think he is genuinely a kind of bewildered guy.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
Love is a battleground my friend and appearantly there have been quite a few skirmishes up this way.

Now last night's sightings had NOTHING on Pat though. That was a quality femullet!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Love is a battleground my friend and appearantly there have been quite a few skirmishes up this way.

Now last night's sightings had NOTHING on Pat though. That was a quality femullet!
As long as they're not armed with plastic coathangers, all should be well.

I don't recall what I said about those plastic coathangers anymore, but lemme tell ya that after riding, an extra-big beer makes me pretty giddy... I do recall it being fairly wince-worthy.

MD

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
As long as they're not armed with plastic coathangers, all should be well.

I don't recall what I said about those plastic coathangers anymore, but lemme tell ya that after riding, an extra-big beer makes me pretty giddy... I do recall it being fairly wince-worthy.

MD
Wow, you actually caught some of what they were saying? I was entranced by the power of the mullet at that point. :blah: Days like that is when I wish I had a camera phone.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Wow, you actually caught some of what they were saying? I was entranced by the power of the mullet at that point. :blah: Days like that is when I wish I had a camera phone.
No, it was some comment I made about the women's right to choose rally they were trying to incite us to attend...I recall it being mind-bogglingly offensive, but not what I actually said. It amused the Sinister guy to no end, though.

I'm suprised you didn't follow them to the rally, like Bugs Bunny floating through the air led by his nose.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
I'm suprised you didn't follow them to the rally, like Bugs Bunny floating through the air led by his nose.
Nah, I snapped outta the mullet-trance after witty your comentary and the thought of drinking more beer.