Quantcast

Anybody a mechanic? Liberty 02 heat switch

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Jeep liberty 02, wifes car.

Hate cars. HATE HATE HATE HATE

Blower motor switch, the one that blows the heat
settings 1-3 are dead, 4 works.

Do you think it's the switch, relay, blower motor?

I have the 80k extended warranty but it's probably not covered I assume?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
While we're at it, is your dome light flickering? It's apparently pretty common. driving me nuts. It's obvioulsy the switch on the steering column. Dealer thinks it's the door switch. They are idiots.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMike said:
Me too....

I hate my Liberty......
When Beth had one for a loaner, it was a fairly decent small SUV, but it had nasty body roll, and crappy gas mileage. The interface on the console isn't to great either.

Oh well, they still sell. I'll stick with Subarus, and if I ever DO purchase an SUV, it'll be a Humvee. No point in going half hog with an SUV...

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yeah I would tend to think, motor, it works or it doesn't.

What's the relay do? Just another unneeded part they throw in there to break.

I hate cars, I really really do. BANCROFT MOTORS WORCESTER, MA. They suck. They told me I needed brakes and wheel bearings, on a Liberty that has 35k on it. $1200 for bearings and frong brakes.

I told them to GPFS. I did.

Brought it to Sears (who I never thought I would trust) for tires and alignment. Just for shats and giggles I asked them to check the brakes and wheel bearings. As I did. Rotors look new (front) and the tires don't move at all with the jack up the car shake test.

Anyhow Sears says the reason it's shaking on the highway is because the front tires are worn on the inside and it needs an alighnment.

They tell me brakes are fine and have enough meat to be turned once and it doesn't need wheel bearings.

Long story short. Tires and alignment fixed problem.

I hate dealers. They are complete slimeballs. I'd like to......... Oops...

Ohm Ohm Ohm Ohmmmmmmmmmmm

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Last American car I buy. They suck. I got a Mazda 626 (O1) it's got 90k on it. Drives fine, nothing has broken on it so far.

Jeeps suck. My wifes last Cherokee 01 sucked. Broken seat switch, broken fuel pump, broken wiper motors, and always a relay here or there going south.

Wait, why did I buy another one?

IDIOT.

No more JEEP for me. If I ever buy another Jeep it will be old style. Motor, Frame, Seat, Wheels.

Cars are shatboxes no matter what way you look at it. Part of the master plan.

2005 and they can't make a car that doesn't last 400,000 miles? Come on.

Tom

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
A relay is basically a high amperage switch. It uses a low amperage switched signal to provide high amperage power to a specific part.

Example: If you ran the current required for your headlights through the switch, it would FRY the thing very quickly.

They either work or they don't basically.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
So I think instead of going to the dealer and risk getting raped 90 dollars for an EXAM, I should probably pay the 80 for the POTENTIOMETER switch, do you think?

So
Relay - either works or it doesn't
Motor - either works or it doesn't

Chances are it's the switch?

correct?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Knuckleslammer said:
So I think instead of going to the dealer and risk getting raped 90 dollars for an EXAM, I should probably pay the 80 for the POTENTIOMETER switch, do you think?

So
Relay - either works or it doesn't
Motor - either works or it doesn't

Chances are it's the switch?

correct?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin
If it's a 4 position switch, and everything works in one position out of 4, first thing that comes to mind is the switch itself. That's my best guess.

SkaredShtles said:
You know, I think I've changed my mind. Instead of just thinking the problem away, you should take it to a chiro. He can manipulate it back to health. ;)
You stink. :eviltongu

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Knuckleslammer said:

not sure if it's an analogous situation, but recently our hood fan above the range died; speeds 1 and 2 didn't work but speed 3 still did. however, there was a nasty, electrical-type smell occurring when the power was on. the entire motor assembly needed replacement.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
this should be a part covered under warantee. its not a wear and tear part (tires, brakes, etc)
it would be covered under the B2B, find a new dealer, these guys sound like tards

NFLPATS1

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
dorchester,MA
Knuckleslammer said:

I have the 80k extended warranty but it's probably not covered I assume?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin
Here you go.
click here
Hope this helps.