Quantcast

anybody allergic to white lithium grease?

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I work at bikeshop building bikes. I have never had hives in my life and broke out the other day after using white lithium grease for a few days while building bikes....?? Hives are a mysterious thing and this is the only thing that has been different in my life that I can think would cause this. Anyone else ever react to WLG?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
what kind of user are you? Frebaser? Shooter? Pill Popper?? I find i just need a few beers while building my bikes.... hehe... seriously, ive never heard of that... it could be a reaction to something else in the grease.. or Do you wear gloves? maybe your allergic to latex?

BTW, what shop do you work at in oly?

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Bike Stand in the back of Olympic Outfitters. But not for much longer if I cant these F'in hives to go away. They eeeech like hell and are driving me MAD! Got some drug for them yesterday and if it doesnt work I will have to take Prednisone. I hate taking drugs..........

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
cool. i dont usually go to bike shops, but if im ever down there ill stop by. The stand replaced a water bottle screw in a frame a few years ago for free. That put them on the good shop list for me....

hope ya figure out your hive issue....

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im a pharmacist. All you need is some Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream and you will be fine. Just wear some rubber gloves the next time you use that specific grease or use a differenct grease all together. I just love how DRs give out prednisone so quickly to allergic reactions.

You could also just use Benadryl cream on the hives but then dont take the Benadryl pills. You'll get too much benadryl if you do both. The cream will stop the itching and also get into you system by soaking thru the skin.

Oh, ya, one more thing.... DONT SCRATCH IT. ;):)

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Nice, a pharmy on RM. I am on Zyrtec(cetirizine) 10mg. Got free samples at the docs. We'll see what happens. I took my first pill last night and itched like freakin mofo all night. I dont scratch. But sure wish I could.