Quantcast

Anybody at Whistler this week?

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I'm heading up tomorrow and am looking for some folks to ride with. Also, do any of you know if in fact you can sleep in Lot 4 in a vehicle?
Later

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
yes you can camp for free in parking lot 4..... or 3 or 2 or1! ive camped many a time at the closest parking spot to the lifts all weekend before w/no problems. ride,drink, pass out in car at three am. wake up, ride,drink,pass out in car at three am. ride,drink, pass out in car at three am. wake up, drive home w/headache, bruised body, lots of good memories and pictures! free lodging to save money! me and mikey call it dirt baggin' it. my most memorable trips up there we were dirt baggin' it. bring a cooler and a camp stove and yer set! :thumb:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Um, no. You can't park overnight in lots 1, 2, 3, or 5. You can't sleep in any of them.
However, if your sleeping under your truck canopy, then they won't hassle you. If you have the top popped on your camper and your bikes locked to you rack, they will ask you to move.
So, as long as it doesn't look like your sleeping in your car, your cool.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
never had a problem like that...... was only told by parking security what time they got off work, and could they come drink beer later? very laid back. buildyourown must have had a different experience than bullirider and i. if you are worried, i know for a fact that the overnight lot is the one farthest from the lifts. they let campers and motorhomes in there. also, riverside rv park has sweet tent sites, showers, and great grub at the cafe 1 mi. from village, relatively cheap, but the parking lot is cheaper.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
So it all went well with no hassles whatsoever. Lot 4 actually says overnight is permitted along the embankment of Blackcomb way. Unfortunately, that is also under those pesky lights that shine like the sun through you're glass. I opted for the sides perpendicular to Blackcomb way. Those bushes come In handy after a night of drinking....;)