Quantcast

Anybody going to the US OPEN this weekend?

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
you can't ride. the whole mountain is open. If you are reg,..you can race the course. The rest of the mountain will be nearly empty. I'm in the am women category and hope to learn from these racers. Watching and riding is awesome fun. Although, a lot of my teammates will be a stewart preriding the race course. Good fun there too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
you can't ride. the whole mountain is open. If you are reg,..you can race the course. The rest of the mountain will be nearly empty. I'm in the am women category and hope to learn from these racers. Watching and riding is awesome fun. Although, a lot of my teammates will be a stewart preriding the race course. Good fun there too.
Thanks Jess, I'm going to ride starting at 9am. I've ridden there a few times on my trail bike and it's great fun if you take some of the easier trails. Then we're planning on watching the pro's race. :)

I always enjoy the US Open at Diablo.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I wish i was but im flying to FL this afternoon to hang out at the beach for the weekend...Ill be there in a couple weeks the red bull step down looks NASTY. Fraser snap some keepers.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
lift lines will be :nopity: that thing is SLOOOOOW.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'll be there! it's easily my favorite and the best-run race all year. i'm already going over the old course in my head. i've heard the top piece is changing and i've seen the changes at the bottom. Germantown Cycles jersey, green R9... say hey if ya see me!

and i've never had issues with their lift, even with 400+ riders last year it was faster than nearly all the other resorts we raced at.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
there's plenty of other trails to ride. don't be sissies. probably no riding for me. ribs are still borked. course marshalling on sunday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
there's plenty of other trails to ride. don't be sissies. probably no riding for me. ribs are still borked. course marshalling on sunday.
I'll be wearing my ridemonkey shirt when I'm watching. When I'm riding I'll probably be the ONLY person there riding an Ironhorse MKIII. :) I always feel funny riding my little bike there. :)

I did ride Diablo a few years back on a Trek 4500. That was um....... interesting.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
I'll be wearing my ridemonkey shirt when I'm watching. When I'm riding I'll probably be the ONLY person there riding an Ironhorse MKIII. :) I always feel funny riding my little bike there. :)

I did ride Diablo a few years back on a Trek 4500. That was um....... interesting.
I'll be riding the 575, and yes I will be lowering the seat :)

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
You're going to strap it under where the down tube and head tube meet so your paint doesn't get f'ed up on the lift.
Wht no gondola?

you can lower that seat?!? :confused:
I like my seat high it helps with my knees. There is no difference when I stand or sit while pedaling, thats why I almost never stand on climbs. But I think I can lower my seat, I never tried.