Quantcast

Anybody going to watch the UFC tomorrow?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm a huge MMA fan, and i gotta see the fight tomorrow. Anybody else going to watch it? If you are, who do you think is going to win the main?

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
well i'm going for penn , but wouldn't be surprised if gsp won. i think it's going to be a pretty long fight which will work against penn . if it's a punch for punch brawl imo that will be in penn's favor .

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think GSP will win because he is at the top of his game. It would not surprise me if Penn pulls off a win, but my money is on GSP. It should be a good fight either way.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
As one who happens to like both bicycles and MMA, I'll play. I am getting primed to watch it now. Here are my picks (which rarely hit). I have a tendency to state the way I'd like fights to go as my picks:

GSP in the fourth round. GNP TKO.
Machida decision.
Bonnar decision.
Kim Dong Hyun with a 3rd round KO.
Guida wins a violent war with a decision.

Enjoy the scraps, fellas.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
GSP in the fourth round. GNP TKO.

Good call on the GSP fight. You hit it right on the button. You'd think that Penn would have a lot better cardio since he's a pro fighter. That was a huge mistake on his part. THat and all the time he spent running his mouth before they fought.
GSP's conditioning is above the rest. That was the main thing he had going for him and he used it to his advantage. Penn looked like a wannabe Prodigy last night.

Some of the fights last night weren't too exciting. I wished more of them were finished instead of going to decisions.

I cant believe that Karo won. That was a load of crap.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Oh yeah. That Jon Jones dude is gonna be a bada$$. 21 years old and owned Bonnar. That kid was impressive as hell.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Didn't see the fights but I read the results. Not surprised about GSP and penn. Penn just talks and talks, I love seeing him get his butt kicked. He needs to stay at lightweight where he can out jiujitsu people...any higher and he's fighting stronger fighters who still have the same skill. GSP is on top of his game and I think he'll be there for a while.

It's too bad that Bonnar can't seem to do what he needs to. I'm surprised that his forrest griffin fight was so close, and griffin went on to be champ and bonnar is just kind of hanging out.

Also, if you don't like MMA, why the hell are you posting in this thread?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not to mention GSP was a greased pig :rofl:

...thanks to one of his cornermen, Phil Nurse. It's pretty clear by watching the video that Nurse had some Vaseline on his hands when he rubbed St. Pierre's shoulders, back and chest between the first and second rounds.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That's funny that they're blaming BJ's loss to that vaseline issue. The fight wasn't even close. BJ didn't even try any submissions. He tried a high guard about twice. That was it. GSP just powered out of it. No problem there.

The thing that really sucks about it is that it's just tainting the win for GSP. He won. He dominated. He owned Penn. They should realize that even if there wasn't the vaseline issue, he would've gotten owned just as bad.

When you're a pro fighter, you gotta have better cardio. Especially against GSP. That dude looks like he's about 2% body fat.