Quantcast

Anybody got one of these?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Performance Xport Flatbed rack

First off I know what 50% of you are gonna say: buy the sportworks, but this will end up being about half as much, so does anybody have any experience with them or any of the other Performance Xport racks. Id be willing to bet that they're just a rebadged version of another rack but thats just a guess. It looks pretty solid to me, but does anyone here know anything more?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
escapeartist said:
Performance Xport Flatbed rack

First off I know what 50% of you are gonna say: buy the sportworks, but this will end up being about half as much, so does anybody have any experience with them or any of the other Performance Xport racks. Id be willing to bet that they're just a rebadged version of another rack but thats just a guess. It looks pretty solid to me, but does anyone here know anything more?
I had the 2 bike one, and a 4 bike one. After about 6months, there both cracked and unuseable.

Go for the Sportworks.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
had one, and my bike came flying out of the hoops on a corner. My bike was then dragged between my car and the rack until I stopped.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
kicknitLivE said:
had one, and my bike came flying out of the hoops on a corner. My bike was then dragged between my car and the rack until I stopped.
I was talking about major problems, none of this petty crap.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
kicknitLivE said:
Yea, i probably lost a bike once every 5 times i used it. Mostly at slow speeds though.