Quantcast

Anybody had ITB release surgery?

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
Just wondering if anybody had ITB release surgery -- I am going in on Thursday morning and am not sure what to really expect...
They are also taking the screws out of my femur (2 out of 3)...(I broke my femur at Platty last year.) I have had ITB problems for three years and have tried everything to no avail...
Any comments would be appreciated...
Thanks! :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Good luck, I hope everything goes/went well.

Hmm, I don't think a lot of cyclists have many ITB problems. What I know about ITB issues is that they're usually common amongst runners and triathletes. If you can find some free time, you might want to post a thread on some tri and running websites. The ones I'm familiar with are www.coolrunning.com, www.trifuel.com, and www.byrn.com. Let us know how everything is going.

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
So I just got back from surgery -- still kinda high on pain killers, but it went very well. They took out two of my screws and cut out a portion of the ITB. The screws were bigger than I thought they were -- 34 mm. I will update later and tell ya all how it goes...
Should be back to training in February -- Just in time for Mount Snow is June...
That is it for now...
Kate

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
too late I guess. I've had a lot of ITB problems. I ended up seeing a sports podiatrist who put me on a mega stretching prescription, it helped immensely. I'm pretty sure if I'd seen an ortho they would have recommended surgery.

geargrrl