Quantcast

Anybody here actually like work?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Are you one of them? A mindless machine? The ones at 5pm who are still on the phone, spreadsheets open. Grinding away like it's 8am?

Are you a mindless red cell? 1 purpose in life? To feed the system and stay enslaved so that the pigs at the top can have it all?

Do you "LOVE YOUR JOB"

Your dedication. You hate to have to leave. You'd live at work if you could. You start to itch with withdrawals Saturday evening? You want it so bad, to be back at work. HOME. HOME sweet WORK.

Are you one of those?

WELL let me just say.

A. I don't understand you people.
B. I hate work, I have had a deep seeded hatred for work and enslavery since my inception.
C. I hate you.

NOW. I believe, if we collectively all get on the same page here, we can do something about this.

I say for one. Shorten the work week.
2 ******g hours a night to myself IS NOT A LIFE.

SO I hope all you fat pig executives realize. KARMA IS A BITCH......

kNuCkLe

:think:

I like my job.
I make a reasonable amount of money.
My hours are flexible, and I regulate them to oh, 42 a week.
I work my ass of while I'm here and generally forget the place when home.

Remember, you created, imagined, whatever the hell, your job. Quit whining. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like my job. It sends me to cool places like New Orleans (pre-flood), Southern Cal, San Francisco, and Vegas. Plus the money is good and I get a crapload of time off. :) No job = no toys and no house.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Knuckleslammer said:
mindless BS.
Get over yourself.

Create a happy space in your little mind and go there.

Think hard enough and "create" your job.

Oh, I guess that doen't work Tom.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
my job takes up too much of my time now that i am in school. therefore, i am starting to hate it. hopefully next semester i will be working for the school. then i'll be able to spend more time there, and have more free time to do some extracurricular stuff that i can't seem to fit in right now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I hate the fact that we have to march to confined space for 9 hrs per day, 5 days per week. Who was the idiot that decided on a 5 day work week when in fact there are only 7 freakin days? FIVE OUT OF SEVEN! That's what kills me. Nobody asked me if work was so important, I'd be willing to sacrifice 71% of days on it. Even then, if it's going to be 5 days - why the **** do we have to stay there for 9 hrs? The minute you set foot out the door, your day should start, not when you get to your desk or whatever. I wouldn't even be out of bed at 8am, if I didn't have to 'report for duty' everyday, would I? No.
Nevermind the notion of only getting 3 out of 52 weeks of the year off. I don't even wanna open that can of worms....
Society needs to take a long hard look at how it regards work.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
stevew said:
Get over yourself.

Create a happy space in your little mind and go there.

Think hard enough and "create" your job.

Oh, I guess that doen't work Tom.
Oh it works, only if you have enough faith to do it, and do it everyday. I was doing good, but I'm falling back into the world of HATE. It's not difficult. It's a program that has run most of my life. But to think of this is very sad you know.

To waste your life away in a building. To spend more time with worthless people than your own family. To be enslaved you know?

Some random thoughts:

* I like work, like to be creative, like to accomplish things.

* Every job I've ever held has had its downsides. Heck, even projects that I've choosen to work on, like writing a book, where I'm working for myself and not for "the man", have aspects to them that I don't like, but that must be dealt with.

* I do not hate my current job, but I strongly dislike certain aspects of it. OTOH, there are aspects to my current job that I strongly like. It is a tradeoff.

* I have at times been subsumed by my work. I have to watch that and keep reminding myself to think about what will still be important five years down the road. My work is very deadline driven, and you will frequently find me in the office late at night.

* Mountain biking is work. Many (most?) of my friends and family won't go with me because it's too hard. Around where I live, people aspire to ride four-wheelers (ATVs) and snowmobiles. I'm an oddball because I do things without motors attached.

* Try to live simply (low cost house, low cost car, etc.), so that you have more disposable income to spend on things you like to do.

* Work is honorable. If you take without working, then someone else gets saddled with more work than they deserve.

* Work is a blessing. I've been through some tough times in my life, but have always been lucky enough to have work to pay the bills, feed my family, etc. Not everyone is so lucky.

We all probably wish we had more discretionary time than we currently have.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Young people, here's what you do.

Thank me later.

When you get out of school. Live with your rents if you can. Pay off your loans. Work for 10 years, saving 3/4 of your income. Put down a deposit for a house and put a deposit of 3/4 of the asking price.
Pay for everything in CASH

Work PART TIME and LIVE A LIFE.
What a novel concept ha?

LIFE? Imagine having one?

These f***s have the nerve to ask me to a X-MAS party on a Saturday? Anyone that goes to a work X-MAS party on a Saturday has got some serious problems.

I spend more time with these a******s than my wife and child and they have the balls to ask me to spend a Saturday night with them? MY ONE DAY PER WEEK? AND THEY WANT TO STEAL THAT TOO?

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
JonathanGennick said:
Some random thoughts:
We all probably wish we had more discretionary time than we currently have.
Then why don't we all do something about this horrible societal issue.
I propose a movement to reduce the work week to 4 days per week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
JimmyTwoTimes said:
Then why don't we all do something about this horrible societal issue.
I propose a movement to reduce the work week to 4 days per week.
The nirvana you seek is in Europe.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
stevew said:
The nirvana you seek is in Europe.
Well why not here? Why? Because everyone is brainwashed and accepts it. What if? What if everyone decided to say FU to the the fat pigs and stay home, till the work week was reduced to 30 hours. Nobody has any balls to do it though.

Everyone is happy with work and loves their job and loves work so it would never happen.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i wish i had a job. at a bike shop. but apparently you have to be dumb as ****, or a master mechanic to get in. i'm neither.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Knuckleslammer said:
THE FAT PIGS that run this country wouldn't like that. Loss revenue means no Friday golf. No PRIME RIB for their fat guts. No 22" rims for their Escalade.

F****G elitist fat pigs. Bush, Oil Companies, Martha Stuart. OH THE HATE. HATE HATE HATE.
You need this...

Since the happy thoughts are not working, an evil drug company might help.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stevew said:
You need this...

Since the happy thoughts are not working, an evil drug company might help.
And if you can't afford the drugs just believe really hard that they are in your med cabinet and they will appear.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Knuckleslammer said:
Well why not here? Why? Because everyone is brainwashed and accepts it. What if? What if everyone decided to say FU to the the fat pigs and stay home, till the work week was reduced to 30 hours. Nobody has any balls to do it though.
You first.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I enjoy my job. I've had some projects that suck, but I make my own hours, get paid for those hours, and take time off when I want/need it.

If I feel like working 4 days a week I can. When I was in school, I worked at Intel on a Compressed Work Week. It was 3 days a week, 12 hours a day. The 3 days sucked, but the 4 days off was sweet. I have a lot of friends that still work there and can't see it any other way.

I can't be overly productive after about 10 hours, so anything more than 4 days of 10 hours each would burn me out. But I can work 4-10's if I want in my current job.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I really do enjoy my job. I may not have a long work day, but I tend to do a lot of extras for my students so I end up with about 1-2 hours per night of additional work. Some days it sucks (i.e. weather's nice and I have planning/paperwork to do), but others I don't mind it (raining/crappy weather). I also tend to do a lot of work ahead so my work week isn't as stressful (especially around the holidays).

"These f***s have the nerve to ask me to a X-MAS party on a Saturday?"

I also do not like that sort of thing. You don't have to go though. It is possible, though perhaps awkward, to simply skip the company christmas party. I regularly skip out on such events, and I've never sufferred for doing so.

Heh. I once worked a job where were were pretty much required one day to all volunteer for a community service project. We were given a list of projects from which to choose. The irony, that we were "required" to "volunteer". And why? Because they wanted to make a publicity splash by having everyone in the company volunteer on the same day. That's all it was, a PR stunt. Bah!

Anyway, getting back to the Christmas party, just don't go if you don't want to. No harm. No foul.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Knuck, I enjoy hearing your perspective most of the time but this is whacked.

This country has lots of problems but over-achievement is not one of them. We are already at the point where we can't compete with other countries in many industries - think working less is going to help? If you don't want to work so much, don't, but don't blame the "fat pigs" if someone else is willing to dig in.

And PS there Scrooge, if you are anti-social or just don't like your co-workers, then don't go to Xmas party, you are probably not wanted anyway.

Lots of hate for such a free thinker.

:nopity:

Knuckleslammer said:
Oh it works, only if you have enough faith to do it, and do it everyday. I was doing good, but I'm falling back into the world of HATE. It's not difficult. It's a program that has run most of my life. But to think of this is very sad you know.

To waste your life away in a building. To spend more time with worthless people than your own family. To be enslaved you know?
Who set you up as the judge to deem other people as worthless?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Knuckleslammer said:
THE FAT PIGS that run this country wouldn't like that. Loss revenue means no Friday golf. No PRIME RIB for their fat guts. No 22" rims for their Escalade.

F****G elitist fat pigs. Bush, Oil Companies, Martha Stuart. OH THE HATE. HATE HATE HATE.
Methinks you have some severe anger management issues...

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I think the point is this world is so f'd up that the most important thing has become competing with other countries in terms of productivity and being the next employee of the month who's luck enough to get a gold star on his/her cube and the good parking spot for a day - or better yet - looking at all the data and making sure 'the numbers' are met. Now that is ****ING WHACKED.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I really like my job, unfortunately being a full-time student again 3 hrs away doesn't allow me to keep it. When I did work full-time I truly enjoyed going into work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
JimmyTwoTimes said:
I think the point is this world is so f'd up that the most important thing has become competing with other countries in terms of productivity and being the next employee of the month who's luck enough to get a gold star on his/her cube and the good parking spot for a day - or better yet - looking at all the data and making sure 'the numbers' are met. Now that is ****ING WHACKED.
Try fast food for work then.

But wait, you like nice things and are a brand whore to some degree.

Heaven forbid, a consumer maybe.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
stevew said:
Try fast food for work then.

But wait, you like nice things and are a brand whore to some degree.

Heaven forbid, a consumer maybe.
Right, but I'm saying those things of lesser importance (data, productivity) should take a back seat to what is considered less important now - like social programs, family time, personal time, etc. Instead, over time we have forced what is not important right to the top of the list and has become and obsession in this society. 5/7 days -40 hrs. per week is sickening. I'd be far more satisfied with a 30 hr work week.