Quantcast

Anybody here from KC?

J

JRB

Isn't Cooter up around there??? ctrailfreak, or whatever that name is, lives there too.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
wurd yo! I'm in Lawrence, 'bout 30 minutes west, and have fellow ridaz in the KC area, let me know, there's good irbun, and some good trail riding

edit*, and I see that you have a Willie avatar, so you must be down

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Potroast88 said:
I don't have my bike with me, but I do have a bottle of whiskey and a pistol.
It sounds like you will get along just fine with Cooter then.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
KC is more of a Jazz town, not that you can't find blues though.

I live about an hour east of KC. I'm not into the night life thing though so I won't be able to tell you any cool places to go "party" or whatever. If you want to go sight-seeing/shopping people seem to love "The Plaza". Out in Wyandotte County, KS they are building like crazy...Nascar track, Cabelas, NFM, all types of eateries, and an outdoor "mall" called The Legends.

Next time bring a bike and hit Landahl, always a great ride.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
You said you brought a gun, right?

I think it is open season on Jayhawks right now. Beakers aren't worth eating, but you can kill as many as you want and no one will care.

:rofl:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Well, its Tuesday and my whiskey is all gone. I think I'm gonna check out a baseball game tonite. The Royals are playing the Indians.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Hey moff quigley..........I see you're from "the burg"........dude I went to school at CMSU, and lived there for like almost 10 years.

Are there still those "sad" trails out at Pertle Springs?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Andyman_1970 said:
Hey moff quigley..........I see you're from "the burg"........dude I went to school at CMSU, and lived there for like almost 10 years.

Are there still those "sad" trails out at Pertle Springs?
I graduated from CMSU also. I work for the university now.

Yes, there are still trails at Pertle and they are still pretty sad. The locals have done a pretty good job of making the trails down at Cave Hollow park half way decent. We are also in process of adding 7 miles of MTB/Hiking trails at Knob Noster SP. We'll add another 5-7 after the first "phase" is done. Gonna be sweet.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
When we moved from "the Burg" to Little Rock the Cave Hollow trails were worse than Pertle, but it's nice to hear the locals are fixing things up. It's good to hear Knob is getting some additional trails.