Quantcast

Anybody know about renting cars

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Ima gonna haveta renta car in September to go from MA to FL to Disney world, YAAY :dead: I can't phucking wait :angry:
Welp, at least my kid will have fun. :thumb:
Anyhow, since I'm too much of a nutcase to be enclosed in an aircraft for 2-3 hours, I have to turn the focking trip into 27 hours in a car. I'm looking for a large minivan and wondering about how much it will cost to rent and drive the sh*tbox down and back. Rough figures are fine. Also, do they rent these pieces of sh*t with DVD players in them? Otherwise I'm going to have to buy one for my kid, so she'll have something do do along the long arduous trip :dead:

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
Ima gonna haveta renta car in September to go from MA to FL to Disney world, YAAY :dead: I can't phucking wait :angry:
Anyhow, since I'm too much of a nutcase to be enclosed in an aircraft for 2-3 hours, I have to turn the focking trip into 27 hours in a car. I'm looking for a large minivan and wondering about how much it will cost to rent and drive the sh*tbox down and back. Rough figures are fine. Also, do they rent these pieces of sh*t with DVD players in them? Otherwise I'm going to have to buy one for my kid, so she'll have something do do along the long arduous trip :dead:

Knuckle
You do have kids! Holy snikies!!!!

Has Child protective services ever been to your house?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Knuckleslammer said:

Knuckle
Jeezus, dude. Go to Alamo.com, or hertz.com or any of the others and put in your query - they'll tell you how much it'll cost...........

Aren't you a DBA? You should know all about queries...... :D

-S.S.-

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Just do not tell them you are leaving the NE area... a lot of places will not allow you to take it more than 2 states away.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Slugman said:
Just do not tell them you are leaving the NE area... a lot of places will not allow you to take it more than 2 states away.
That used to be the norm. I rented a car after 9/11 and since then they are lacks on taking them across country.

I was upfront with them said I was going to drive to Las Vegas, then Death Valley and the Grand Canyon...etc. Ended up putting jsut over 4,000 miles on the car in 7 days (1 of wich was the return day and we didn't put but 30miles on it that day)

It was a Toyota Camery Air conditioning, sun roof, cruise control. All of wich my truck does not have. :thumb:

Best part is when all was said and done ....the money I saved on gas alone (dakota to camery) on the trip paid for the rental....plus I didn't dump 4,000 miles on my truck....and we had a better time than we would in my truck...especially in Death Valley in September. :dead:

How many kids? Why not rent a car? Make sure it is unlimited miles.....going cross country it pays off.....beleive me. ;)

My rental car with no Insurance was like $150-180 but that was in 2001 I think we did budget or Hertz....and do not pick up the car near an airport....another fee/tax is added if you are at an airport.

Rhino

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
It's me, my wife and my daughter (who lives with her mother)

I really wish I could fly, but I get massive panic attacks, to the point where I'd probalby be mistaken for a terrorist and get shot by a marshall. I really wish I could fly. I've flown all over the place in the past, but last flight was on a value jet 1 week before the everglade crash and it was the most miserable flight I've ever been on. Up and down, up and down. The lights on the wing went off, then in the cabin. For like 20 seconds, then they came back on. After that, I drove back home from FL and haven't flown since. I can't physically fly on an airplane.

So is it possible to get a rental with unlimited miles? Sounds hard to believe.

Knuckle

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Knuckleslammer said:
It's me, my wife and my daughter (who lives with her mother)

I really wish I could fly, but I get massive panic attacks, to the point where I'd probalby be mistaken for a terrorist and get shot by a marshall. I really wish I could fly. I've flown all over the place in the past, but last flight was on a value jet 1 week before the everglade crash and it was the most miserable flight I've ever been on. Up and down, up and down. The lights on the wing went off, then in the cabin. For like 20 seconds, then they came back on. After that, I drove back home from FL and haven't flown since. I can't physically fly on an airplane.

So is it possible to get a rental with unlimited miles? Sounds hard to believe.

Knuckle
I get the same panic attacks on planes. This June, skipping a trip to Europe to visit my family was not an option. I got some Xanax from my doctor, it made the biggest difference, WAY more than I expected. The flight was totally mellow, I just chilled doped up and listened to music for the whole 11 hours. Definately talk to your doctor.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Knuckleslammer said:
Ima gonna haveta renta car in September to go from MA to FL to Disney world, YAAY

Knuckle
Hey Knuck... Just a suggestion, but have you looked into the AmTrak Autotrain? You can load up your car, your kids and wife some where just outside of DC I believe and cruise on down to just South of Orlando (Disney). I am sure there is stuff for the kids to do on the train.

Just an option for ya