Quantcast

Anybody know Michael House?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So I have had the same cel phone # since I returned stateside (Almost 3 years now...) and I constantly get phone calls from debt collectors looking for the deadbeat who used to have the number...typically I just tell them to sod off and then block the number.

Until today. As part of my New Years Revomalution I have decided to fuck with these people. Today I answered with my best bad Spanish accent, and said "Oh no, no Miguel acqui..." and then proceeded to tell them I know no Miguel, but maybe I can find him, hold on...I think she hung on for about 4 minute then hung up.

Creative Monkeys, I need input. What to do next?

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Maybe this can give you some inspiration. These bots this guy comes up with are hilarious:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Say he is deceased, give them the name and number of someone you do not like as the executor of the estate, claim he died filthy rich.

Cry uncontrollably at some point in the conversation.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Here's a few ideas...

Act like a salesman and try to sell them something.

Act like one of those Mormons that go door to door.

Hit on the operator (whether male or female).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I can do the "welcome to Verizon wireless" voice quite convincingly. It can really mess with some people when they think they are getting some prerecorded insulting corporate message.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
pretend your a parent and act like he's missing
Extort money from them. Very illegal by the way. Here is the gig. Have them entertain a mutual agreement where as they help you secure monies from the deadbeat for your help securing their debt. Most collections agency workers get paid on commission and get perks to investigate the deadbeat. If deadbeat owes 10K about 2% is dedicated to filing requests, reports, and such. The scam involves calling the collection agency a week later and you say I found deadbeat and if you help me I will help you. Most scammers call it a finders fee. Never pronounce exactly what you will do to help them. Have them Western Union you said finders fee in exchange for a dummy address in the same zipcode as the deadbeats. If the collections person offers you up any info on deadbeat (they always do...) like prior address, amount owed and to whom, pending judgements or claims. The collection person has violated federal laws and has no recourse to recover the finders fee. Beware Check cashing services, Collection agencies, cut rate Insurance agencies, and Tax Refund joints are run by nefarious types who launder money. Wire Fraud and Extortion are both Federal offenses. Federal charges = Jail almost always. State Charges = Probation or ACD if you don't know me. Knowing if they are legit or a front is the risk you take for the most part....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Extort money from them. Very illegal by the way. Here is the gig. Have them entertain a mutual agreement where as they help you secure monies from the deadbeat for your help securing their debt. Most collections agency workers get paid on commission and get perks to investigate the deadbeat. If deadbeat owes 10K about 2% is dedicated to filing requests, reports, and such. The scam involves calling the collection agency a week later and you say I found deadbeat and if you help me I will help you. Most scammers call it a finders fee. Never pronounce exactly what you will do to help them. Have them Western Union you said finders fee in exchange for a dummy address in the same zipcode as the deadbeats. If the collections person offers you up any info on deadbeat (they always do...) like prior address, amount owed and to whom, pending judgements or claims. The collection person has violated federal laws and has no recourse to recover the finders fee. Beware Check cashing services, Collection agencies, cut rate Insurance agencies, and Tax Refund joints are run by nefarious types who launder money. Wire Fraud and Extortion are both Federal offenses. Federal charges = Jail almost always. State Charges = Probation or ACD if you don't know me. Knowing if they are legit or a front is the risk you take for the most part....
...and just how do you know this sort of thing??

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
My wife taught me what I feel is the best reply........

If you have caller ID, and know the number of the debt maggots, when they call, answer..........

"Talk radio, you're on the air".

See how fast they hang up. Or, if they do respond, just start a random subject with them and see if they go along.

You've already done one I've done with telemarketers. After you reply, and they go in to their speech, just set the phone down and walk away. See how long they stay on the line.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I had a prank phone caller for a while. So I recorded the "this number is no longer in service". Worked a little too well frankly.