Quantcast

Anybody know the Trek Fuel brake boss size?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Thats my question.

Sorry before I call the shop I thought someone might know off the top of their head.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
so different frames have different sizes?? :confused:
Not sure... I've never sized out brake bosses on a frame.

Looking at AE bike there are a bunch of different sizes.

J

JRB

There are some for frames and some for forks. Most likely AE Bike is showing braze ons and what not. Just go to the LBS. They will have some laying around. If not, I have 2 I can mail you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
hhhmmmm.....weird - why didn't the frame come with them? Does the seller still have em laying around somewhere?
nope I dont' think so.

I can get them from my semi-local shop but I won't have the opertunity for some time to get there while there open.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
There are some for frames and some for forks. Most likely AE Bike is showing braze ons and what not. Just go to the LBS. They will have some laying around. If not, I have 2 I can mail you.
I went to my one LBS who is a Trek dealer and a good shop but he didn't have any laying around.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:

Stosh,

Have Loco mail you some. He's very quick to send stuff. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Stosh,

Have Loco mail you some. He's very quick to send stuff. :thumb:
Yeah he sent me the secret horse shoe/brake spreader gizmo I've yet to use but will very soon.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i think he did 'cause i was gonna mail him a pair that i have to see if they fit, but didn't have to mail them.

the bosses i have are freakin' fat.