Quantcast

Anybody like noodles?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Because after this weekend I sure as hell don't since that's what my wheel felt like. This is my wheel after riding at Crested Butte today. For some reason it decided to happen on my race run too which sucked. :mad: And of course...it had to happen in the top 5th of the course. :mad: :mad: I ended up walking down about half of it till a fire road when I figured out that if I push hard it'll work somewhat and I'm definitely not gonna puss out and not finish. Lol, so I'm riding down the course half covered in dust/mud with this wheel and tire rubbing against my fork the entire way down. It sounded like when little kids stick a tin can on their wheel to make it have 'motorcycle' sounds. :p Finally took it off when I got home and noticed the sidewall is half gone on my 2.5 Minion Slow Reezay :( there's atleast 3-5+mm of metal worn off of each side of the lowers on my fork. :p Half the spokes are loose and I took it off and saw that many of the spokes/nipples were sticking halfway up the rim, not sure why I didn't flat. :confused: Oh well... The ironic thing is I had a backup front wheel sitting in my car just incase this happened, but why did it have to be on my race run. :( :think:
(Sorry for the bad pics, its like a 1megapixel camera. :p )

Oh sh1t its bent!!! *gasp*

Good thing I like lots of rimtape. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
your photo- and image-resizing-fu is very weak :(

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i thought you meant noodles as in the place to eat... which i do every so often.

yeah, i made a trials front wheel look like that once. i was real proud of myself. but then i was pissed because i had to lace a new one. how was crusted buttey other than the tacos?

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
That sucks ass. Good job on finishing the race. I refuse to not finish any race i enter. especially the ones with low turnout so even if i get last its still 3rd place. Postup a picture of that fork. there must be like nothing left if it rubbed off 3-5mm from it.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Lol I dunno what place I got Yosei. My mom wanted to leave because after the weather delays and poor organization they were over an hour behind schedule and she was impatient. :p

WhiteRaven, other than the messed up wheel it was a lot of fun. There was a decent amount of turnout although I think most of the big pros decided to pass on this one. The course was very simple other than some tech stuff at the top which after the rain last night ended up being easy today. My wheel washed out on a wet rock the first turn and that's where it happened. I had a good practice run this morning so I was having a good day regardless of how the race went. There definitely was a lack of organization on CBs part though with conflicting schedules being put out (one said DH race was at 10:30 another said it was at 9:30, etc...) and they just didn't seem overall very consistent in what they were doing.