Quantcast

Anybody like to dip?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I started a year ago. Bad habit for sure, I only go through a can about every week and a half or so, and that's sharing it too. Still bad either way. What are your favorite flavors? I started out with Apple Skoal, then went to Peach. A little Grizzly here and there since it was a lot cheaper, and now I go for Copenhagen. There's that stuff called Mint Snuff that's supposed to help you get rid of the habit, but it just isn't the same. I stopped for about a month and a half, and also every now and then.. but chewing on gum and spitting just isn't the same :mumble:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
As horrible as this sounds, cigarettes are better for you...

i can't believe i actually typed that...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MudGrrl said:
Quit dipping.
Chicks don't dig it.
Yep, the overwhelming majority of girls that I have dated/known/been friends with would either not date or dump a guy if they found out he chewed tobacco.

Quit for your sex life, if nothing else. Unless you're married/have a GF in which case hey, it's your mouth, just don't spit on anything I have to touch ;)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
binary visions said:
Yep, the overwhelming majority of girls that I have dated/known/been friends with would either not date or dump a guy if they found out he chewed tobacco.

Quit for your sex life, if nothing else. Unless you're married/have a GF in which case hey, it's your mouth, just don't spit on anything I have to touch ;)
In my experience, all hetero women [i have no experiences like this with non-hetero women, more's the pity] find that 'ick' of any kind in the mouth is tantamount to Leprosy in their 'potential' or 'chosen' mates.

Except for that chick who used to date the lead singer for the Pogues (Shane MacGowan), I guess. Although I've never met her, i suppose she'd french-kiss a septic, sucking chest wound as well...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
it's your mouth, just don't spit on anything I have to touch ;)
Not just your mouth. Dude I used to work with now has the constant companionship of a colostomy bag. Don't get it confused with your camelback!!

(did you know colostomy bags have a deposit on them)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:
Dude, buy a Nintendo DS or a PSP to pass the time. It'll be cheaper in the long run :p
Remember, when I was out of the hospital, I couldn't focus enough to play a video game. It's cool now, I havn't done one all summer which is pretty good. I smoke from time to time though. Aaahhhh, bad lungs and dirtjumping just don't mix.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
cehw sunflower seeds instead of tobacco. You can throw a fat wad in your cheek, and spit out every shell as you go. they were my savior when i stopped chewing tobacco. and for ****s worth i chewed mainly cope snuff, grizzly, and skoal straight

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
boostindoubles said:
cehw sunflower seeds instead of tobacco. You can throw a fat wad in your cheek, and spit out every shell as you go. they were my savior when i stopped chewing tobacco. and for ****s worth i chewed mainly cope snuff, grizzly, and skoal straight
For whatever reason, I can never get the seeds out of the shells and just spit the shells out. I think I might try chewin on beef jerky for a change, that worked out okay when I did it before.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i had a neighbor during high school who lost his tongue to tongue cancer, after many years of chewing tobacco use.

he had a piece of one of his shoulder muscles grafted in place in the spot where his tongue was. needless to say, he wasn't quite as articulate as before...

:dead:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Chewing = Grossest thing ever. :looney:

The only thing that is better about chewing than smoking is that I don't get second-hand smoke from a chewer. Both are disgusting, though, and I would never consider dating someone who did either. Acutally, I have a hard time hanging out with people who do either.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My freshman-year college roomie dipped Cope & Kodiak wintergreens constantly. Out of curiosity, a friend and I tried it once, each installing a big ol' "horseshoe" dip, as championed by my roomie. After 20 minutes, we were both so seasick that we spit them out and brushed our teeth like madmen. I was able to hold my cookies, but my bud lost his all in our suitemates' sink.

As if that was not enough evidence against the practice for us, my roomie would do this thing where he would peel sheets of dead, white skin from the inside of his mouth and smack them against the brick wall of the dorm, where they would then stick and eventually dry into what looked like jerky.

I even once had to beat the roomie down over it when he accidentally spilled a 7-11 BIG GULP cupfull of fermenting spitjuices all over my study carroll and books while drunk. For two weeks, we could not get the funk of it out of our room despite him steam cleaning the carpet at my insistence.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
llkoolkeg said:
As if that was not enough evidence against the practice for us, my roomie would do this thing where he would peel sheets of dead, white skin from the inside of his mouth and smack them against the brick wall of the dorm, where they would then stick and eventually dry into what looked like jerky.
:eek: Not that the thought of dipping had ever crossed my mind, but thanks to you, I will NEVER consider even trying it now. That could be the most disturbing thing I've read in quite some time. Holy fack.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
llkoolkeg said:
My freshman-year college roomie dipped Cope & Kodiak wintergreens constantly. Out of curiosity, a friend and I tried it once, each installing a big ol' "horseshoe" dip, as championed by my roomie. After 20 minutes, we were both so seasick that we spit them out and brushed our teeth like madmen. I was able to hold my cookies, but my bud lost his all in our suitemates' sink.

I even once had to beat the roomie down over it when he accidentally spilled a 7-11 BIG GULP cupfull of fermenting spitjuices all over my study carroll and books while drunk. For two weeks, we could not get the funk of it out of our room despite him steam cleaning the carpet at my insistence.
That's foul.. to this day I still don't do horseshoes to keep the can last as long as I can. But peelin your dead skin off??? My gums have always been receeding but I haven't seen anything that bad. Nasty.

The best thing about dipping is having a water bottle half full of dip spit that ferments inside the car on hot summer days. I wish I was dipping when this one turd spat on my car because he was unsuccessful at weaving and cutting me off. :mumble:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I knew a chick who decided to drink somebody's 'soda'.
Dude wasn't around when she decided to do it....so, he couldn't warn her.

She got a big ol mouth full of dip spit.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Heidi said:
Disgusting.
When I was in my teen years and working in the mall, there was an older guy that regularly came in the store in the mornings. He used to use chewing tobacco which eventually made him difficult to understand. But then I imagine talking can be a challenge when you have NO LOWER JAW. On the one hand it was not a pretty sight, even with the bandages and such covering half his face. But on the other hand I felt sorry for him.

Cancer really really sucks. But what's worse is when people get it because of decisions like deciding to dip or smoke.

JackJ83

Chimp
Aug 29, 2006
I dipped for 8 years and found it very hard to quit. But I couldn't dip on the job and my girlfirend wouldn't let me do it near her. Quitting was hard, but definitely worth it. I tried all of the herbal products out there like the Mint stuff, but most sucked and didn't feel the same. Hooch Snuff was the only one that felt the same as the real stuff.