Quantcast

Anybody on a Racer X?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
About to jump on my first FS XC bike, and really leaning towards the Titus Racer X/X9 build package. Anybody riding one?
Also looking at the Giant Trance 1. Not as spendy, but reveiws are just as good...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I demo-ed a Racer-X last weekend and it was nice. Handled tight corners, wet roots and some rocks very well and climbed well too. MBC does ride a Titus too so maybe she can give more specifics as I only had a few hours in the saddle.

I too have heard good things about the Trance as well. I think it's all personal preference (and budget).

I thought those were two completely different bikes. The racer x is a light race worthy bike - and the trance is a 4" trail bike. N8 has 2 29er RXs and loves them though. I really don't know that much about either.

My issue with Titus was the paint but I don't think it happened to the RXs.

check out the MTBR forums by manufacturer and you'll find both love and hate for both frames.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I raced a Racer X for a couple years and still have it around as a back up bike/commuter. It was a great bike and served me well. I did have to wait a few months to get it because they were so busy.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Looking at the difference between the straight racer and the trail bike...
80 or 110 mm vs 4.2 inches...travels about the same. I still have a hardtail Jamis Dragon if I ever decide to race again. :busted: Leaning toward the Trance 1, unless I find a great deal on the Racer X.