Quantcast

Anybody on the west side of LA have a room to rent?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
So there's a good chance I'll be coming back out to LA for grad school (Pepperdine public policy) starting at the end of August and I'm in need of a place to live. Basically I'm looking for anywhere between Malibu and Santa Monica.

I would love to get in with a household of bikers who are interested in frequent trips to the mountains to shuttle. People who will not be traumatized by the appearance of a couple of dirty bikes and who understand that, no, they cannot be left out in the rain locked to a lamp post. I would even consider living with XC riders, provided you currently own at least one tire larger than 2.3.

About me: 26, male, laid back, moderately competent DH racer, into cars/bikes/motorcycles/sculpture/live music/high-brow movies/books/hoppy beer/whitewater/climbing/snowboarding/backpacking/world travel/strange people.

Also, I come with a well behaved 5 year old pointer mix who does well with dogs that are smaller than he is (60lbs or so). I must warn you that Smokey the Dog kicks major ass, and you will weep like little children the day we finally move out.

Anyway, I think that's it. Let me know if you have any other questions. I went to undergrad in the LA area as well (Pomona College) so I know the general lay of the land and where some good trails are tucked away. I also know some local monkeys who I expect can verify that I'm not a total loon.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
i live in santa monica, my landlord owns 10 apartment houses on the westside and is a really nice, honest guy. I can pm you his number, it is pretty expensive living here though.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Anything is cheaper than DC, but yeah, I know it's a bit expensive, but probably the same price and much more interesting than Malibu.

In general, I'm more interested in a house than an apartment as I'd really like to have access to a garage/yard and it's probably cheaper. However, if you shoot me a PM with the guy's contact and ballpark pricing info, I'll definitely take a look.

Last edited:

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
Haha was just back on RM for first time in years and look who I come across. Hope it all works out man. Hurry up and get out here so we can take some runs at Snow Summit before they shut down for the season.

@W4S - I'm in Samo too, we should go ride. I like to go up Back Bone from Will Rogers then come down the "secret" way

@HAB - I went to Pitzer. Claremont was such a blast. I used to hit Marshall literally every weekend. Sigh

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Haha was just back on RM for first time in years and look who I come across. Hope it all works out man. Hurry up and get out here so we can take some runs at Snow Summit before they shut down for the season.

@W4S - I'm in Samo too, we should go ride. I like to go up Back Bone from Will Rogers then come down the "secret" way

@HAB - I went to Pitzer. Claremont was such a blast. I used to hit Marshall literally every weekend. Sigh
for sure, PM me sometime, love the 'secret' way. One of my friends has been working on it but it's been a while since i've ridden 'it' haha.