Quantcast

Anybody ride yesterday?

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I finally got to ride yesterday. :dancing:
It was absolutely a gift of a day. 72 and sunny.
I had to keep it short due to no lights yet. I passed at least three people with lights. :mumble: Anyway I got a quick 8 miles in. I haven't gone on a ride in a while. It felt great. I'm hoping for another Saturday morning before the cold front moves in. Anyway I thought I'd share...BTW I got my front wheel trued. The guy took care of it on the fly while i waited. I watched, it looked like something I could learn fairly easy. I just need one of those stands.

Anyone else get a chance. The weather looked a little warmer for you northern guys. Nothing sub zero. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nah. By the time we got our crap together (meaning I put my bike back together...) it was way to cold (+5 or something like that) and we had to much new snow to really be able to do anything. By the way I have found the one bad thing about Enduro seals is that they freeze to the stanchion when it is that cold. You need to warm the bike/fork up before you ride or the fork will be slow and dead and never warm up. That and if you have hydro brakes that use mineral oil they will freeze up too. Basically bikes don't work to well in +10 degree weather or less......jdcamb

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I rode my Flow over to Birdwang's apartment. Hookworms hook up in the snow WAY better than I thought they would.

On my way out, I rode down the steps in his building, got a bit squirrly, and misjudged where i had to be to get out the front door and slammed into the doorframe. Now my right arm hurts, A LOT.

Does that count as a ride?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
JSB said:
Sounds cool, but a little too far for the likings of my wife. I'm lucky I get a couple hours in the morning. But I know what your thinking :nopity:
come on we'll be camping, i'll even save you 'a' beer.

Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 35 minutes Total Est. Distance: 235.40 miles