Quantcast

Anybody throwing barspins on Dj's?

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
I've searched and looked at pinkbike, advice there is basically 1.hit jump 2. do barspin 3.land. I've got them nailed off drops and stairs, but it's a totally different body position. So I figured the key was taking a one handed x-up all the way around. This of course leads to firm wheel contact with my toes. If anyone has been there and gotten past it, maybe you could let me know the trick.
Thanks, Tim

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Yeah, you're right, it's the lean way back that I'm not commiting to. And tobbogans have been giving me plenty of practice coming down too far back. Nothin like throwing a trick and then landing in a 30 ft manual and pretending you meant to do it

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
I've got the pinch, I'm level in the air, I'm gonna keep one hand on, unlike when I go off drops, then I just throw and grab, It's the foot contact I'm trying to get around. I want these so bad, I've been on a killer jumpin' streak. The last three times I've been out I've gotten a new trick, last night was one hander landers.and no hander to one hander lander. Still thanks for the advice, I know you don't learn tricks from the computer.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I think phlegm is right, try doing them out of a 1/4 pipe, or out of a bowl at a skatepark, that way you can throw em, and land of the platform, or outter part of the bowl. There's less consequences that way.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
if you can do them rolling off stuff then you will be able to do them in the air. your body knows what to do, you just need to convince your brain to let go of the bars...

as stated, fly out/step up jumps are easiest to learn on.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
ThePriceSeliger said:
Just adjust your body where your comfy. Just make sure you pinch the seat, and guide your bars with your hands.
lol hahaha

he road the park last night. i have been going to the thursday night rides.

i got a alleyop and feabled the big back wall.

seth had his 360 dialed and ben was doing wallride over the gap.