Anybody use this program to copy DVD's

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
zod said:
I use DVD-shrink and Nero
Ok how exactly does that work?

I used DVD Decrypter and then tried to burn it onto a DVD but Nero was having a varity of problems doing it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
stosh said:
Ok how exactly does that work?

I used DVD Decrypter and then tried to burn it onto a DVD but Nero was having a varity of problems doing it.

Thats exactly what I use. works fine for me. I'm using Nero OEM v.6.3.1.12

What problems are you having?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BigMike said:
Thats exactly what I use. works fine for me. I'm using Nero OEM v.6.3.1.12

What problems are you having?
I use the encrypter to put it on my HD then when I use nero to make a backup it says there isn't enough room or something... I can't remember exactly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dwaugh said:
I copy the files to the computer (a few GB's) and then re-burn it to a DVD-R using any DVD burning program.

It's really easy.
What do you use to copy them to your computer?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
stosh said:
What do you use to copy them to your computer?
Put the DVD in the DVD drive and DON'T open it to play it. Go to My Computer and right click on the DVD drive. Choose to explore the folder, it will open and you will see a folder or two. Copy all folders/files and paste them in a new folder on your computer. Then wait for a while as they copy (for me it was about 10-15 minutes). Then, sorry, but I forget what I did next to burn them to a DVD-R - but it worked and now I have NWD4. :D

That help you out at all?

Oh, and once the files/folders are copied you can go look through them and see bits and pieces of the movie, different sections, etc.

Once I get home I may be able to tell you how I burned it.

stosh said:
I use the encrypter to put it on my HD then when I use nero to make a backup it says there isn't enough room or something... I can't remember exactly.
Make sure the video_ts folder is only 4.7 gig or less... most movies you get now are in the 8 gig range so you will have to find something that re-encodes them down to 4.7 or less.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Oh, forgot to add, the way I did it I didn't compress anything because it was only 3.8 Gigs or something like that. If it is larger then I'm sure that you can copy it the same way, then compress it, then burn it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dwaugh said:
Oh, forgot to add, the way I did it I didn't compress anything because it was only 3.8 Gigs or something like that. If it is larger then I'm sure that you can copy it the same way, then compress it, then burn it.
I think my problem is the movie was larger than 4.7gigs......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mike B. said:
dvd decrypter > nero recode > nero burning rom

decrypter is free, recode is part of nero ultra
OH see I don't have the nero recode.