Quantcast

anybody wanna trade bikes?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
anyone?anyone?

my bike is nice. its a yeti. its orange. it has a fifth element.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
its a medium asx. 03 junior-t up front. hayes brakes. race face cranks/bottom bracket/chainrings and bashguard. sun modo wheelset.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
as for what i am looking for, i am not sure yet. i would trade it for a freeride/dh frame and fork though. or a frame and an urban style hardtail. i dont know its just not the bike for me.it rides awesome and is in really good shape but i just want something else.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You just went through a whole big thing about how you were selling everything else because this was the bike you wanted la dee da you were broke but this was the bike...

:confused: Have you had it with the bike already?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I suspect the Medium Yeti is a little on the tall side for Biggins hence his not taking to the bike so well. The AS-X seems to me like a tall riding bike. Am I close in my assumption Biggins?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I'll trade you a microwave for your AS-X.

I still don't know why that's funny, but going with the crowd on this one can't hurt. :monkey:

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
What the deal is biggins. Why no more ASX? Is there something in particular you don't like about it? Or just looking for something new?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well to all the people talking smack, if a deal comes along that i would be interested in then i would more than willing trade. Sure, i may not end up trading, loco, but that would only be if i didnnt find something that i was interested in. Thanks for pretending to know me so well however. Maybe you should write my biography.

as for why i am getting rid of it. I like the bike but i think a different bike would compliment my type/style of riding better. the yeti is a good bike but for some reason i cant seem to get one hundred percent comfortable on it. i would also like a bike with a slightly slacker front end than what the asx has.

J

JRB

biggins said:
well to all the people talking smack, if a deal comes along that i would be interested in then i would more than willing trade. Sure, i may not end up trading, loco, but that would only be if i didnnt find something that i was interested in. Thanks for pretending to know me so well however. Maybe you should write my biography.

as for why i am getting rid of it. I like the bike but i think a different bike would compliment my type/style of riding better. the yeti is a good bike but for some reason i cant seem to get one hundred percent comfortable on it. i would also like a bike with a slightly slacker front end than what the asx has.
Jeebus holmes. We were just being funny. I wish I could just buy it from you. I would be interested in writing your bio. I may even do a "Ben" thread this weekend. It'll be good for rumors anyway. :think:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
loco said:
Jeebus holmes. We were just being funny. I wish I could just buy it from you. I would be interested in writing your bio. I may even do a "Ben" thread this weekend. It'll be good for rumors anyway. :think:
its all good man, i am just pissed about a thread that i was reading. plus i am tired and hungry.

a ben thread would be pretty funny. be sure to make up some good rumors for me.

here is a thread you might have some fun with.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117523

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Biggins, just a stoopid question. If you were to sell that thing, what kind of $$ would you try to fetch for it? I have a bud and he's got almost the exact bike you described and he's trying to sell it and has no idea what he'd like to get for it. He wants to buy my roadie which is why I'm helping him in the sale of his ASX (same year, just about the same components).

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Pau11y said:
Biggins, just a stoopid question. If you were to sell that thing, what kind of $$ would you try to fetch for it? I have a bud and he's got almost the exact bike you described and he's trying to sell it and has no idea what he'd like to get for it. He wants to buy my roadie which is why I'm helping him in the sale of his ASX (same year, just about the same components).

ONE MILLLIUYN DOLLARS

[/Dr. Evil]

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Pau11y said:
i would ask for no less than 1800 and no more than 2100. considering the frame cost alone.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
BigMike said:
ONE MILLLIUYN DOLLARS

[/Dr. Evil]
I think that should be "One Meeeeeelllliun doollairs"

BTW Biggins, thanx for the clue. Hey, how's the fishin' these days? I'd like to get my grubby little hands on a 4 wt rod. My 7 wt is just WAY too huge for the rivers around here unless I'm going for the Pikes. Plus that 20 year old Finnwick is starting to develop a longitudinal twist; the eyelets spiral down it's entire length and I'm pretty certain it's not by design.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
You just went through a whole big thing about how you were selling everything else because this was the bike you wanted la dee da you were broke but this was the bike...
Didn't you hear? He's not broke anymore with the cush new jorb. Now he can rebuild a stable of bikes. :thumb:

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Didn't you hear? He's not broke anymore with the cush new jorb. Now he can rebuild a stable of bikes. :thumb:

-S.S.-
i was selling a couple of them to pay off hospital bills as well.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Pau11y said:
I think that should be "One Meeeeeelllliun doollairs"

BTW Biggins, thanx for the clue. Hey, how's the fishin' these days? I'd like to get my grubby little hands on a 4 wt rod. My 7 wt is just WAY too huge for the rivers around here unless I'm going for the Pikes. Plus that 20 year old Finnwick is starting to develop a longitudinal twist; the eyelets spiral down it's entire length and I'm pretty certain it's not by design.
yeah it sounds like the "spine"of the rod is beginning to develope a memory.

i am ordering an 8 foot 3 wt, an 8 foot 5 wt (both medium action) and a 9 foot 8 wt from the company that i work for. The smallmouth and musky fishing is starting to pick up and the bass fishing, crappie fishing and trout fishing is as awesome as ever. Everything here is starting to hit top water so it makes it much more exciting for the clients which is nice.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
a demo 9 or a v-10 as my primary source of fun.

a sinister as my hardtail park/urban bike.