Quantcast

Anybody wrapped a bike frame?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm not a fan of the faded, blackish color (with red streaks) of my bike right now. I'd love to throw a little wrap on it in order to change the color. Probably go with a multi-colored camo so I don't have to do a very good job...thinking a red/black/grey/white or yellow/black/grey, and using it more to cover current decals and logos and add color, rather than a full wrap top to bottom.

Anybody BTDT? Was it easy to remove if it was done poorly? Did it look good when it was finished?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wrapping a tube shouldn't be too difficult, wrapping tube junctions seems like a complete radioactive shit show as well as any cable bosses, brake mounts etc.

That is unless you can find some kind of liquid that will polymerize into a single sheet that will wrap any shape, something like this:

1628776521934.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I appreciate all the help

I will probably do strips with bare frame showing in between. Less obvious of a mismatched pattern or a fuckup. I just want to change the color of the accents, mostly, and matchy matchy my fork to frame. TRUFT missed a big opportunity to have hella cool looking (like super dope fresh) framesets with color matched frames and forks.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Anybody BTDT? Was it easy to remove if it was done poorly? Did it look good when it was finished?
I wrapped my Rallón in the exact way you described.

Gordimba1.jpg

from what I learned this is yellow Oracal vinyl, black/brown camo accents printed on it and then laminated with a transparent semi-gloss Oracal top layer.

I got it cheap as a leftover from a wrap they did for a BMW.

I wrapped it myself, with the help of a friend who used to work at a vinyl wrap shop. It peels easily, you can use a mix of water and detergent to help you place it and then dry it up with a hair dryer. I had to redo the chainstays once due to some undesired contact with the ground, and from what I saw, it didn't leave much residue. I just peeled it off, cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol and applied a new sheet.

Last edited: