Quantcast

Anyone a fan of the 150mm DJ II?

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am looking for a single crown to go on my freeride bike and dont have wads of cash to blow on a new fork. Just looking for some feedback on this fork or others apllicable to freeriding. Thanks

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
not a great long travel fork. the damping isnt up to par. and DROP, mtbr reviews arent worth a ****. most of the people who post them either dont have what they are reviewing, or they aren't at a level where they can review something well.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I rode one for about a year, it's a decent fork. It won't break on you and once it's broken in it's ok. Though the performance is not up to par with other forks, I never had any "issues", nothing broke/wore out/blew up on it. I did ok in some Sport DH races at Big Bear and Mammoth with it too. I'd say if you're looking for a cheap fork with 6" of travel to huck with, go for it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
dirtjumpP.1 said:
not a great long travel fork. the damping isnt up to par. and DROP, mtbr reviews arent worth a ****. most of the people who post them either dont have what they are reviewing, or they aren't at a level where they can review something well.
:stupid: I would say by a Zocchi Drop Off or try to find a 2004 Z.1 or something online. And technicaly, that would be a double crown fork.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
i had a friend who destroyed one at snowshoe and even before that hated it, get a flick plus ($290 jensonusa.com) or try and find a used one. its a solid, cheap fork. ive used it for DH freeride and DJ (although dont use the 110mm settiuing for jumping, which its not intended for anyway its for climbing, cause ull destroy it like me)

its a cool 150mm fork for the price

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
the flick is a good fork for the price, but my friend just ordered one from jenson, and it came with oil all over, it had exploded in the box. manitou makes good forks, but generally manipoo isnt the best with customer service and such(just my perspective). take a look at an 05 zocchi fr1, 2 or 3. they have the fr3 on jenson for $337. 150mm. i love mine, its perfect.