Quantcast

Anyone actually ever seen the pressurized avalanche fox 40 cartridge in person?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How does it compare to the fit rc2 and grip 2?
Does the ics system seem to add any friction?
don't have any experience with the grip2 damper, so can't make any comment there. honestly can't remember whether or not i had much experience with the fit rc2 damper, that was some time ago. i've had it for a long time, maybe 2012? i've been very happy with it. not sure what you're referring to about "ics" system, but i never noticed any friction.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
don't have any experience with the grip2 damper, so can't make any comment there. honestly can't remember whether or not i had much experience with the fit rc2 damper, that was some time ago. i've had it for a long time, maybe 2012? i've been very happy with it. not sure what you're referring to about "ics" system, but i never noticed any friction.
are you sure you have the pressurized version and not the open bath?
ICS stands for internal compensation system. IE the spring backed piston that is part of what makes the damper a closed chamber.

Im looking for one because I think they are cool, but he has discontinued them for the open bath, "because it works better" but I think its really because the open bath in various with adapters fits every fork while only the 40 is large enough in diameter to fit the CC/pressurized unit that he built, and really the need for his unit went away when the first rc2 system (non fit) went away.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
are you sure you have the pressurized version and not the open bath?
ICS stands for internal compensation system. IE the spring backed piston that is part of what makes the damper a closed chamber.

Im looking for one because I think they are cool, but he has discontinued them for the open bath, "because it works better" but I think its really because the open bath in various with adapters fits every fork while only the 40 is large enough in diameter to fit the CC/pressurized unit that he built, and really the need for his unit went away when the first rc2 system (non fit) went away.
hey sorry for the late follow up. i pulled up the receipt from my email, turns out i ordered it in 2013 and yes it's the cartridge unit, not the open bath.