Quantcast

Anyone been slapped / hit by someone in a passing car while riding?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
So awesome. My favorite part is when the douche hits his face on the car!

That's perhaps a bit mean. But I was almost killed by two cars riding on the streets this week, so perhaps I'm a bit on edge.

The car...it hit his face....brilliant.

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
theres this downhill run behind a shop in my town, and it comes out on this paved one-way street. ITs really really steep, but short, so you get tons of speed. My friend hit it one day, came barreling down onto the road doin like 35 and smashed sideways into an oncoming car. Shattered his mag 30, went into the drivers side window, cutting his back, and flipped over the car,landing on a curb, giving himself a concussion and 40 stitiches in his head. not cool. :nope:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108838

If you look at the link to the NASIOC forums in that thread, there's an interview saying the whole thing was a joke, and the biker and the kids in the car knew each other, just trying to be Johnny Knoxville Juniors.

So maybe all our bloodlust wasn't so necessary; I know I was happy to see that vid. Sucks that he got hurt so badly (or killed according to some accounts) over mere stupidity.

Then again, Mr. Darwin had some points, and as the Duke said, "Life's tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." Gonna play with big-boy toys like cars, you're liable to suffer the consequences. So maybe it's not a question of "deserving what he got." It's more just a matter of poor risk-benefit analysis.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
aznfreerdr08 said:
maybe u were joking, but he didnt die homie, search around a lil on the internet. he was like in a coma or something. but he didnt die
I dunno, i read he died on a lot of other forums. No matter what, he didnt deserve it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sherpa said:
I dunno, i read he died on a lot of other forums. No matter what, he didnt deserve it.
"deserve" is used when something happens to you, like someone hitting you on the road. When you lean out of a car deliberately for no good reason (like, say, messing around with your friends), you're shaping your own fate. Yeah, pretty much sucks for him, but if he'd not been a jackass, there'd be less chance of things like that happening to him.

Lotsa bad things happen in the world...no need to go out and make it any harder for yourself.

Yeah, I DH, and 'deserve' it when I crash and get injured (possibly seriously one of these days), I guess, but I enjoy riding. It's worth the risk for me, and I mitigate it with proper protective gear and riding inside my limits. I guess if he likes stupid clips of film so much, it was worth it to him to risk his life... but I get the feeling he was just another idiot who assumes nothing bad will happen to him, because that stuff only happens to other people.

MD

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
MikeD said:
"deserve" is used when something happens to you, like someone hitting you on the road. When you lean out of a car deliberately for no good reason (like, say, messing around with your friends), you're shaping your own fate. Yeah, pretty much sucks for him, but if he'd not been a jackass, there'd be less chance of things like that happening to him.

Lotsa bad things happen in the world...no need to go out and make it any harder for yourself.

Yeah, I DH, and 'deserve' it when I crash and get injured (possibly seriously one of these days), I guess, but I enjoy riding. It's worth the risk for me, and I mitigate it with proper protective gear and riding inside my limits. I guess if he likes stupid clips of film so much, it was worth it to him to risk his life... but I get the feeling he was just another idiot who assumes nothing bad will happen to him, because that stuff only happens to other people.

MD
I agree. He was being a dipsh!t and i really don't feel sorry for him because it was his choice. But, noone really deserves that.